Forgery by Comet Employee

sirbob10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, any help will be much appreciated.

In January this year my sister went to Comet to purchase 2 tv's. She was declined this finance so my father agreed he would get the finance for her. It was buy now pay 9 months later. My dad was asked if he wanted insurance which he did so the guy highlighted where to sign and that was that he left with the tv's.

Fast forward to May and my father received a letter from Comet advising that due to a mistake by Comet he hadn't signed the correct box so they wanted him to sign again (they enclosed the original agreement for him to sign). Attached to the letter was 3 emails from Santander (they were supplying the finance) advising Comet that this was the 3rd time they were advising Comet that the forms were not signed correctly and if they didn't get in touch with my father they would not pay Comet for the goods.

My father then told Comet he wouldn't sign the agreement as it wasn't his fault.

Fast forward to September and my father received a call from santander advising that he hadn't made his 1st payment. He told them he still had the original agreement and wouldn't sign to which they told him he HAD signed the agreement and they had it on there system. My dad said he signed for the insurance which Santander had started taking from the bank 1 month after he signed for the insurance but not for the actual goods because he hadn't signed for them. Again Santander told him he had signed and my father asked for a copy to be sent to him. He has received it today to find that the box for the goods he didn't sign has now infact been signed in his name but clearly not his signature (my dad has a very hard signature to copy).

When he spoke to Santander they confirm they have 2 agreements. 1 signed with the insurance and another signed for the goods - these 2 boxes are on the back page of the agreement so no reason why 2 agreements the same 1 signed for the goods and the other signed for insurance. My father is still in receipt of the original agreement.

My father now seems to think that the Comet employee has forged his signature to avoid Comet not being paid by Santander.

Can you advise how we proceed. Many Thanks.

So it would seem that your father has 2 television sets that belong to Comet and is refusing to pay for them. Sorry, but refusal to sign the agreement won't allow him to have them for nothing.

It would also seem from your post that you are accusing Comet of forgery while obtaining goods by deception, can't have it both ways.