Train ticket machines...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently injured while buying tickets from a machine at the station.

The recepticle flap had a sharp metal edge and I cut my hand so badly I had to go to hospital and have it stitched up.

- Before going to hospital I filed an accident report form so it was noted at the station.

- I also informed the hospital how the injury was obtained.

- I decided to take it further as the injury meant I had to take a week off work while it healed up (mostly, before leaving a huge scar)

- I won hands down and got £1500 compensation due to faulty equipment causing injury, alarm or distress.

Sui juris

Ignorantia legis neminem excusat

ambulance chasers r us!

Views expressed in this forum by me are my own personal opinion and you take it on face value! I make any comments to the best of my knowledge but you take my advice at your own risk.

Dear honeybee13,

according to his several other posts, that would appear to be so.:lol:

Regards

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

I was recently injured while buying tickets from a machine at the station.

The recepticle flap had a sharp metal edge and I cut my hand so badly I had to go to hospital and have it stitched up.

- Before going to hospital I filed an accident report form so it was noted at the station.

- I also informed the hospital how the injury was obtained.

- I decided to take it further as the injury meant I had to take a week off work while it healed up (mostly, before leaving a huge scar)

- I won hands down and got £1500 compensation due to faulty equipment causing injury, alarm or distress.

Sui juris

Ignorantia legis neminem excusat

Has it irrepairably damaged your reproductive organs? You could have got an extra £50 for that.

If an unkown person came to your door asking for money with no ID or reason, would you just hand it over?

If not, then why do we just believe what we're told about the law and legislation?

Seems a bit backwards to me.

I'm not in the legal profession and believe the law society, who create our laws, should be disbanded.

I'm just an autodidact with a thirst for knowledge that other people seem to just accept blindly.

Guess I'm lucky not to have been beaten with the stupid stick like some commenters on this wonderful forum! It's almost 4chan like -_-

Blind faith is expensive. Education is free.

If an unkown person came to your door asking for money with no ID or reason, would you just hand it over?

If not, then why do we just believe what we're told about the law and legislation?

Seems a bit backwards to me.

I'm not in the legal profession and believe the law society, who create our laws, should be disbanded.

I'm just an autodidact with a thirst for knowledge that other people seem to just accept blindly.

Guess I'm lucky not to have been beaten with the stupid stick like some commenters on this wonderful forum! It's almost 4chan like -_-

Blind faith is expensive. Education is free.

I think what you meant to say is that Parliament makes laws and the Law Society/SRA regulate the legal profession...