Student Finance England Help please!!!

mrniall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, Staffordshire University suggested I contacted you regarding the ongoing and urgent issues I have with student finance. I have recently completed a BA Hons Geography at Staffordshire University. However, on the day I attempted to collect my results I was told I was ineligible as my tuition fees for 2009/2010 had not been paid. This was to be paid through a tuition fee loan from the student loans company. 12 months ago they cancelled this loan in error. Despite numerous reassurances and complaints over the last 12 months, and importantly - for no good reason, these fees have not been paid despite the fact that I have been confirmed as eligible for funding. As you can imagine, I am in a constant state of anxiety, and stress because of this. All of my friends and colleagues have received their results, and the lack of results is having implications for finding employment, household bills and so on. The call centres at Student Finance are completely indifferent to my issues - my case is passed from department to department to department - all of these departments are apparently non-contactable by phone. I was told the funds would be paid to my university by today. When I rang I was told to expect to wait another two weeks before my issues were acknowledged. The only way you can make a complaint is by email. The financial ombudsman said there is literally nothing they can offer in terms of help as they seem to be a self contained entity. The staff on the phone refuse point blank to escalate the complaint, I've waited 4 times to speak to a team leader with no avail. And I've worked in plenty of call centres over the years so I'm pretty good at playing ball. The three emails I have sent in the last 10 days have all been ignored. Is there any advice you can give or any assistance you can offer?

Yours sincerely,

Edited by silverfox1961
removed personal info

Ive had problems with SFE also, they are a law unto themself !!

The person responsible for SFE is Vince Cable - I suggest contacting his office and do not be fobbed off. I am and have been for a while now preparing a case to sue SFE/Vince Cable as no one will take any accountablility for errors made and merely pass it back to the student with the defence of "the statement you agree to when you sign is 'I agree to repay any overpayment howsoever caused'. "

I know you do not have an overpayment but this is the attitude you are dealing with.

Take it to the top

Hi and welcome to CAG

I did a minor edit to your post to remove your details. This is a public forum.

I am also going to move this thread to the students forum as there will be lots more help available there

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE