Mini Credit are they for real????? advice anyone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Back in july i took out a loa for £80 with Mini credit, they only actually paid £65 into my bank i never received a contract from them and cant actually remeber giving an electronic signature.

However when i logged on a few days before repayment to check the account i noticed that they had my repayment date wrong so i rang them and asked if they would change the date to 2 days later, the girl refused and said if the amount wasnt taken from my card on the date they held on account then i would be charged £100!!! she was so unhelpful i was willing to pay back the £100 2 days later but she was having none of it.

so i cancelled my card and emailed them advising of the situation, i never received a reply so again i emailed them and agaian and so on. As it stands just over 6 weeks later they have now sent me a letter advising that i owe £525 SCANDALOUS i only borrowed £80 (well £65 is all they put in my bank) .

I am now on a dmp with cccs and mini credit are not acknowledging any letters cccs are sending them and the debt is getting bigger and bigger , i had a letter the other day advising on door step collectors. obviously they never turned up!!

what i need to know is can mini credit charge me all this money for a loan of £80 ? if after 4 weeks my balance has increased by £400 imaginge what they wil say i owe them after 6 months? Is this legal? are they allowed to do this? im more than willing to pay back the original loan amount of £80 plus interes via my dmp but im certainly not paying them any more than that.

Do i need t contact the FOS or tradingstandards? how will i get them to remove all of these charges? any help would be much appreciated

No, all you owe is the original loan amount (£80 regardless of the amount they deducted and paid into your account) and one months interest.

Read the other threads on this company.

You must now complain about them not replying to CCCS via the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards, if you do not complain you are wasting your time posting here.

http://www.consumedirect.gov.uk for the Office of Fair Trading

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk for Trading Standards

Yours could be the complaint that stops them having their Consumer Credit Licence automatically renewed.

hi baileysmammy,

I'm in a similar position with Minicredit. Took out a £150 loan with them thus owed £195 at end of the month. Told them by email that I couldnt afford to pay and was creating a debt management plan (i'm doing it independently), but they never got back to me. The loan is less than 2 weeks overdue now but the balance now totals £318! I've read some horror stories on here about how Minicredit never reply and the loan spirals into the thousands.

Anyway, my next step is to write to them via recorded delivery so I can then lodge a formal complaint when I inevitably receive no reply.

Only problem is i cannot find any address on their website to contact them. Do you know what address the CCCS used when writing to them on your behalf?