Ex Lodger Still using my address for bank accounts

illonavamp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a lodger about 4 years ago who was from Poland. he got a job here, very nice chap. He moved about after about a year and I haven't heard from him since.

I was getting post for him for a while occasionally, but now more worryingly I am getting banking post - e.g. credit cards and bank accounts - for him AND his wife.

How do I approach Lloyds bank, for instance - about this? I contacted them a year or two back but they just kept saying as I wasn't the account holder they wouldn't tell me anything - I kept trying to explain I didn't actually want to know anything - just wanted tot ell them that one of these people has never lived here and one did but moved out.

Not sure how to deal with it and what the possible implications for me are if these accounts go pear-shaped?

Thanks

Sam

I think if it were me, I would be sending them back as not known at this address.

Also, check the electoral register to make sure he is not on there at your address.

I can't really see there being any financial implications for you if you are not connected to them in any way.

If there is a branch near you, it might be worthwhile popping in with the letters and explaining to the manager. I find it is easier to get results from my bank face to face.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Yes you are probably right, I have a couple of weeks off so I might pop in to the branch and see what they can do.

Cheers :)

p.s. he is not named on electoral, I've checked.

Edited by illonavamp
p.s.