Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have tried to PM several moderators but their inbox is either full or have chosen not to receive PMs. Therefore would you please annotate my title with the magic word **WON** and move the thread to the Barclays successes folder. Thanks.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/3483-mrgreengenes-action-justice-2.html

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

Hi,

I've never posted anywhere on this site before but am now at the stage of beginning a claim online through the small claims court. However I am really nervous at the thought of embarking on a court case and at the risk of sounding like a right doughnut was just wonderig has anyone ever lost a claim?

Thanks for humouring me in advance!!

Add me to the list - Barclays have settled in Full - Check out the details on my thread or "The Last Knight v Barclays" soon to be "The Last Knight v Barclays WON" That is the case won and not Barclays won of course.

This site has been invaluable and is a great help when you think it is all too overwelming - Anyone still part way through the process - Keep it up, don't have doubts - I kept thinking that I would be the first who didn't get paid, I think we probably all do - but keep going and don't let them talk you out of it and you will win.

Hi all good people

I have a claim for £1080 from barclays.

I have made the claim for refund.

I have recieved an offer of £715.

I have sent the LBA and they would not offer anymore.

I am about to apply to the small claims court.

Has anyone any experience dealing with Barclays through Scottish courts. I am raising two claims. 1, £740+176.85 interest, 2, £340+134.82.

The 1st claim is under the max claim allowed, but when the interest is added it is higher than the max, am i doing the right thing.

Any help would be great.

Steveh3

Barclays have offered me a settlement, but will only put it towards my overdraft and will not send me a cheque. Surely this is my money to allocate how I want, I have other things to pay. Can they do this? If not, does anyone know how I should go about getting a cheque from them? Please help!!!

POPPY07

Poppy,

In my opinion, if the charges were deducted from said account, then barclays should refund them to the same.

Your overdraft is something you have legitimately spent and you will have to pay it back eventually.

just look at it as being good that you have now paid off a chunk of your overdraft.

just sent my signed copy of acceptance of full and finall settlement

scored out confidentality clause and told them wil cancell court when money is in my account

so can someone change my thread to seetled please

Tesco Personal Finance Due to File in Court 03/04/07

Barclays 13/03/07 Paid in full £1998.78 :D

MBNA 10/10/06 Paid in full £1507.69 (inc 751.69 intrest):D

Barclays settled with me yesterday for the full amount I was claiming for (which was £1000).

After being offered a pitiful amount prior to going to court, I used money claim online, and began litigation. Barclays mounted a rather intimidating defence, which when posted on this site amounted to a bog standard defence. I began making my court bundle and 16 days prior to court they settled!

It seems every tactic mentioned on this forum can and will be used against you to intimidate you from actually taking court action. However, if you push on you will get you money back. Happy days!

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved a leter from Barclays on 7 March saying that they were prepared to settle my claim including interest and costs (over £3,000).

They said payment would be made to my Barclays account.

If I accepted their offer, I had 7 days to:

(1) return a signed copy of their letter saying I agreed to the terms of settlement.

(2) Notify the county court in writing that i had discontinued my claim.

(3) Send a copy of no (2) to Barclays.

I sent copies to Barclays by fax and to the court by registered post.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Barclays to pay-up?

How long should I wait before writing to them.

Mike, you've won! Congratulations. Barclays only take the same time it takes to process any other payment into your account, three or four working days. My claim was paid in a few days after receiving the same letter.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

I won my case - Barclays settled up with over 4 weeks to go - Mr Lombardi was going on holiday and wanted his desk clear by the sounds of it!

I got £841 off them including - thats all the charges, the interest and the court costs plus a little something for making me send them a 290page court bundle (I figure if your going to do something do it properly!).

I went and opened an account with another bank yesterday as I am now out of my overdraft and my bank loan is gone - so next week I'll be taking my account into Barclays and telling them which orifice to insert it into! :0)

That just leaves my claims against Barclaycard and the Student Loans Co to go now!

The Badger

:D I WON!!!! :D

I'm not sure how to merge my Mittenz threads so am posting a new one here saying that I won today!

Many, many thanks to the forum moderators and organisers for this forum - it would have been tricky without you.

I am amazed that my claim was so simple and easy! I know I'm lucky.

Just paid for my family to go on holiday in the summer and have a bit of change left for the forum.

Court date was scheduled for 19th April and I receive their initial offer yesterday in the post which I obviously rejected. I then recalculated all the interest and they agreed no problem with that! Didnt agree to keep this matter private incase I or anyone needs the info in the future!

Off onto friends and family accounts now.....

Thank you all.

Mittenz:D

***WON***(Sort of... :p )

My name is Xander Young, I have been with Barclays since I was a very young child. When I received my 16-19 electron card and could buy things over the counter I was chuffed. When I realised I had an overdraft of £5 at the time I also found that amazing. Overall I've had 12 Referral fees, resulting in an overall loss of £320 in the last six years.

As soon as I heard these charged could be claimed back I investigated sites on the internet and came accross this one. I followed the information and sent out my templates, which I modified to be a bit more kick-ass, :p , I asked for a full refund, claiming each charge resulted in approximately 50p for administrative costs, and they reviewed it and sent out an offer of £150, I declined and asked for £275, allowing them to keep £45, they declined this so I was forced to use the FOS (financial ombudsman service). After quite a while, and a lot of pestering Barclays, they sent out a surprising offer of £295, £20 more than I asked for!

Barclays have all been very random with this, My mother and step-dad work at the tyne and wear call-centres and my sister did until she came to me whistleblowing about how if you ask for an overdraft and are refused, it will permenantly sit on your credit report. Another daunting prospect. Just how much have my Bank ****ed me exactly? They haven't corresponded about closing my account so I hope thats out the question, another annoying thing is, I rang today and they said the money may take 3 weeks to come to my account, on the letter it stated 10 days. Oh Barclays, Barclays, Barclays...we need to talk.

Can you tell me if when you first asked for your money back you added the interest? This site say do not ask for it in the first letter and to wait but the moneysavingexpert site puts it in the first letter. I am unclear. I feel like this site has slightly better resources and to follow this one.

hello,

ive had what i thought was an succesfull claim after the first second and third letter i used the money claim online website and after it was acknoledged and said they would defend the claim i waited, then entered judgement and it said requested so i thought i had won, but then it said it had been rejected because they dispute all of the charges which i have worked out to 450 but it is more than that i just asked for less because i thought i had a better chance of getting it, i got the letter off the court that said they had sent a questionaire form out or something similar. but that had been scribbled out, so do i just do nothing now or what cuz i dont have a clue whats going on.

Thanks loads for this, my so called IFA fiance promised to do the whole thing for me but got bored waiting just for the statements so I'm trying to work it out myself now! Appreciate the help!

Hi, I asked Barclays for my bank statements, over the phone, letter and email. was told I would receive them within 10 days which was over a month ago!! Now I have received a letter saying they will pay me £820 as a "goodwill gesture" if I dont persue the claim. What should I do ?

ps, they never sent the statements