Was I miss sold Extra Care?

Yorkshire Devil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 25th March 2011 this year I purchased an Ipad 2 64GB 3G from Comet. The sales assistant sold me the Extra Care agreement and he said basically it was like Apple Care but for £164.99 it covered accidental damage for if it was dropped or a drink spilt on it. He said basically it was Apple Care with Accidental Damage.

Upon watching Watchdog tonight they didn't paint a very good picture of this plan and they had someone who was told it didn't

On the receipt it states 712795 APPMM MC775BA 2YR TAB 600-750 Level Of Support Standard £164.99.

I just wondered is it worth the paper its written on or should I cancel it.

I hope I wasn't duped to get the sales figures up!

Edited by Yorkshire Devil

I would also like some advice on this. Was told exactly the same as the OP. One example was if I my son or his friends were using it and dropped it, it would be covered, even if the damage was only cosmetic!

Does it say whether its covered for accidental damage in the agreement, if it isnt it will say its not covered for it.

if it isnt, its back to comet for a chat with the store manager and salesman

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

any extra cover is a WASTE OF MONEY

soga as well as your sat rights cover it ALL

there is no benefit whatsoever.

its really only the dixons group and the comet lot that CREATE the soga no cover issues in the first place.

SOGA/sat rights/home insurance cover you for almost every issue that might happen

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I worked at Comet for 4 years (not as a salesperson I might add!) and I absolutely advise to cancel it, as long as you keep your receipt you get a 12 month manufacturers warranty on the item. The salespeople lie throught their back teeth because they make £5 commission on a 5 year extra cover sale and £3 for every 1 year extra cover they sell (btw did they try to get you to sign up for the items on credit?? - yes even more commission for the store). Your home contents insurance would probably cover everything the extra cover claims to...ahem....cover!

My advice also is if you do go back to the store to get it cancelled don't get drawn into a conversation with the store managers because they'll go all out to try to persuade you not to cancel, they even try guilt trips on customers.

I may sound like a bitter ex employee but I can assure I'm not I left for a better job with more pay and not on bad terms either.

the manu warranty is in addition to soga not a replacement of

but tnx the info, very eye opening!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...