style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine was persuaded to allow another friend of his to use his debit card over the phone to pay an arrangement fee to FLM Loans.

The person in question told my friend that her mother was acting as the guarantor and she just needed to use his card to pay the initial arrangement fee. She handed the phone to my friend who was just asked by FLM for his name and his card details. The friend gave him the cash for the transaction and he thought nothing more of it.

Having just checked his bank statements he has found that FLM have been debiting his account for the last few months at the rate of 50 pounds per month now totaling 250 pounds.

He spoke to FLM who were most unhelpful and would give him very little information, in the end they agreed to send him a transcript of the telephone call (yet to be received). His bank have confirmed that the transactions were via his debit card and not via DD or SO.

I can't see that he could have been duped into being the guarantor without his knowledge as their website states that the guarantor must be a homeowner, which he isn't.

I've advised him to "lose"l his debit card to prevent any further payments being taken.

Has anyone come across anything like this before or have any suggestions to help him get his money back. I can only imagine that this must be an error on FLM's part.

The friend in question has gone awol so he can't check with her as to whether she has any information or has indeed been making any repayments

Edited by matthulme
Update