GE Money - Reclaimimng Charges.

sequoia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently have a suspended possession order with GE Money and have a small amount of arrears.

I have received the documents back form my SAR request and I am ready to send a LBA as my fees balance and additional interest amount to nearly 12 months payments.

I am fully prepared to go to court to get my money back but want to make sure I have my facts right first.

They sent me a screen dump from their systems but they have blanked out various parts such as:

A box headed: Commission with:

1. To Source - blanked out, 2. Consolidation – Blanked out 3. Broker fee – Blanked out and Internal reference number – Blanked out. Is there any relevance in this and can you make them disclose it.

They also state in a covering letter that they have only sent information held on a relevant filing system that they were obliged to send as per the SAR request but have not sent information that is not held within a relevant filing system.

Is there any way of getting hold of the ‘other information’?

Also on the original application form they have totally changed my occupation and different people seem to have filled it in as some is typed, very little is in my handwriting, and someone else’s handwriting.

The application form shows arrangement fee 995 (added to loan), Discharge fee 110 (added to loan) and Broker fee 2995 (deducted from loan)

The underwriting sheet shows no broker fee paid.

The offer letter says that GE Money will pay over 800 to the mortgage intermediary and that a completion fee of 995 and a broker fee of 2995 will be added to the loan, though the application form says the broker fee is deducted from the loan.

I assume I can only claim for the extra interest and normal fees, along with default notices and debt councellor visits.

Can I claim for the 800 GE Money paid to the broker.

Any advice of gentle shove in the right direction greatly appreciated. (sorry my pound symbol doesnt work)