K+co Cat, PPI REclaim - success thro CEO Letter **WON**

Glassart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dez, ims & dx,

Posted 27/8/2011, PPI refund claim still not delivered or unsigned for and no ack letter from them.Should I ring them tomorrow to see if they are progressing my claim, if that is the correct thing to do at this time or should I give them more time?.

---------------------

But as for my financial statement and offer of lower repayments that was refused, via a "standard unable to accept as it does not meet our minimum payments criteria", from them.

Do i send them this back Now?.( In regard to your correspondence dated xx/xx/xxx concerning the above account.

I am disappointed that the pro-rata payment of £x.xx I offered in my letter dated xx/xx/2011 does not meet with your approval: All my other creditors have accepted my pro rata offers and frozen interest and understand that this is the most I can afford. I would ask you to reconsider your position as my repayment proposal will only succeed if all my creditors agree to it. I am appealing to you to please accept my offer and to freeze interest and other charges as long as I keep to the payments.

To demonstrate my commitment to repaying my debt I have now commenced the reduced payments to all my creditors, including the pro-rata payment to the above account.

I will continue to make the reduced payments to you on a monthly basis and look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible on this matter.

Yours sincerely

J.T.)

Regards J.T

Hi JT

Give them a bell tomorrow, if its clear that its not been receipted send another copy next day special. Its probably sitting in their postroom collecting dust.

As for the payment offer, its entirely up to you and really a matter of personal choice...... if you offered a quid a month and you're happy to pay them then carry on paying regardless of their opinion.

If nothing else it gives you the moral highground if the PPI complaint ends up going to the FOS and it'll come back with 8% on top [eventually] :-)

Gez

Hi Gez ims & dx,

I phoned them up to see if my PPI claim had been received but THEY said no it had not.

So I sent it to them again via Royal Mail Special Delivery they got that one the next day and I have Electronic Proof of Delivery and I have a print out of it.

Special Delivery seems the way to go as Recorded Signed For seems just a waste of time and yet more money on them.

Well the ball is now in their court so we will see if I get an ack letter from them now.

Thanks, J.T

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

The first one is too small....can you post it up as a PDF like the other two?

The others are just their complaints procedure leaflet.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi ims,

Thank you for the quick response, sorry that Attachment was a double and has now been removed.

This is the file that I am asking about (FROM K AND CO new 2.jpg).

Asking me to contact them by phone so they can make an appointment to send Complaints Handlers to see me.

Regards J.T

Ok its bigger now so can read it.

There is no need for you to see or speak to them. Write back and remind them that this is a claim for a refund of mis-sold ppi and they should investigate this in accordance with the documentation you have already sent. Tell them that there is no need for any meeting and therefore none will take place.

Remind them that they are required to investigate this under the FSA rules and that if they do not do this you will report directly to fos.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Hi Again ims,

Thank you,

I have chronic pain and am on Analgesic tablets I suffer disorientation and confusion, so if I don't have to see them that's better for me.

In my claim I only told them that I was not working at anytime of the PPI Inc, is that enough form them. I don't want to do anything that will void my claim.

Regards J.T

Hi

You were not working when you were "sold" this ppi so it would have been useless to you. That is good enough on its own. They clearly did not carry out a needs assessment or check that the product was suitable for you....it wasn't of course.

You are doing nothing to void your claim...you are just putting a stop to their wriggling.

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi J.T

It is enough to tell them that you were unemployed at inception. The agreement was ineffective from day 1.

I'd agree with ims......send them a polite reminder that they have until x date to either restitute your money or issue their final response so that the claim can be passed to the FOS.

Don't ring them it'll only encourage them :-) A claim of this value should be kept to written evidencial proof of correspondence

Gez

Hi Des and ims,

Thank you,

Is this letter ok to send to them?. and should I send it via special del signed for as before?.

(Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your reply dated xx/xx/xxxx. My I remind you that this is a claim for a refund of mis-sold PPI and you should investigate this in accordance with the documentation I have already sent to you Date: xx/xx/xxxx that you recieved Date: xx/xx/xxxx, there is no need for me to phone you and also is no need for any meeting and therefore none will take place. You are required to investigate this under the FSA rules, if you do not do this I will report directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have until (8 weeks) to either restitute my money or issue your final response so that the claim can be passed to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Regards J.T)

PS,

Their complaints procedure leaflet, see above (FROM K AND CO 2.pdf) says they have only 8 weeks to respond, BUT on their letter it says " thank you for your letter date xx/xx/xxxx" but my letter was dated 8 days before the date they say and they signed for it 6 days the date they say.

Thanks!

Letter looks ok but remove the reference to 8 weeks.

For claims lodged after 1 Sept they actually have 12 weeks before fos will take it on but don't tell them that as they may deal with it sooner

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

:thumb:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gez, Ims, dx,

I posted the above reply letter to them 19 days ago via signed for, " Royal mail Item is being progressed through our network for delivery".

I have not herd a thing from K&Co is that normal?.

Not even a phone call or letter from them about the £9000 Catalogue debt.

Regards J.T

pers i would not expect any action for a good few weeks

ppi is a hot subject with on avg 70,000 complaints a mnoth to the fos alone

and cat co's are relatively new to dealing with these

and will p'haps not be geared to dealing with the volume they will obv be getting

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Gez, ims, dx,

Just to keep you up to speed I just got a response from K&Co see below:

"Further to our letter of xxth/ 9/2011 concerning PPI on K&Co Acc. I can confirm we are continuing with our investigation of your complaint and will ain to provide you with a final response by xxth/xx/2011. in the meantime if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call us.

yours sincerely".

Regards J.T

Excellent............ just a case of wait & see now then, can't imagine they'll duck out of this one but keep a record of any communication you have with them in case it does have to go off to the fos later :-)

Gez