freedom pass that was my husbands- Will this show on an enhanced CRB Check?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just wondered if someone could help me,

last year I was cautioned by an inspector on the underground for using a freedom pass that was my husbands

i took his card instead of mine but I did use it and shouldn't have.

I owned up straight away and was very remorsful.

I was given a written warning and had to pay £60.

My question is will this show on an enhanced CRB check?

Many thanks

Hi all,

Just wondered if someone could help me, last year I was cautioned by an inspector on the underground for using a freedom pass that was my husbands i took his card instead of mine but I did use it and shouldn't have. I owned up straight away and was very remorsful. I was given a written warning and had to pay £60. My question is will this show on an enhanced CRB check? Many thanks

You say 'I was given a written warning & had to pay £60.00'

I assume from reading that, you mean that this was settled without Court action and therefore there is NO record that needs to be declared to anyone.

You would only need to declare it if the matter was heard by Magistrates.

If the decision to allow the case to be settled administratively was that of TfL, the case was settled by civil agreement and that is an entirely private matter.

Not wanting to nit-pick, but it was an alleged Criminal Offence, settled in a civil way....

Yes, and to be even more pedantic, it is only an 'alleged' offence until a Court has heard the evidence and the Magistrates decide that the offence has been proven.

Mew, it was an allegation that has not been proven, though you accepted liability, but was sorted out by administration and therefore you have nothing to worry about

My case, although different, may serve as an illustration. I was summonsed by a train operator to appear in court on a particular day. After I wrote a letter of apology to them this action was withdrawn (without even an administrative charge to pay). The police, however, do have access to the court databases and do know of the discontinued prosecution. In my case they chose not to include this information in an enhanced crb.

My understanding is that they could have chosen to include it - enhanced crbs can contain unproven allegations at the police's discretion. This is a very contentious issue, and there are many relevant guidelines for them to follow.

In your case the matter does not seem to have reached court. Since it seems unlikely (to me) that the police would have access to tfl databases, I doubt that they could know of the incident, and hence it would not appear in an enhanced crb.

It really is so much better to not get in trouble in the first place. I don't plan on doing it ever again :)

• 1 year later...
Where's tfl's consistency. Exact Same thing happened to my wife and she got a court fine. Waiting to see if it's going to show as a criminal record.

Glad u didn't have the same result as us.

Much depends on the alleged offender's individual reaction to being questioned and reported and also, whether or not there are any previous warnings, penalty fare notices etc. Whether or not there is evidence of 'intent' will determine which charge is brought and how seriously they consider the misdemeanour.

Each case really is dealt with on individual merit and for that reason, the action taken can vary. The applicable legislation is always the same for all of course.

• 2 years later...