Cash Genie court papers v Nuzzlebug1 **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4666 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this and just found the thread so hoping for some help! Cash Genie have issued court papers against me. I originally took a load for £150 and now they are asking for more than £1200! I have entered an acknowledgement of service online and said I will admit part of the claim. I became pregnant not long after the loan and had a difficult pregnancy and birth so this was not at the top of my list! Since having my baby I am now on maternity leave earning jsut £530 per month.

I emailed them a couple of weeks ago offering £10 per month and saying I would not be happy to pay all the interest. I have had no response and they sent the court papers through rather than acknowledge my email. I would be happy to pay the original amount plus say two months interest over a six months period - considering my current situation.

I'm quite scared and really don't want a judgement against me. Help!

I'll get somebody to start a new thread for you - can you post up the particulars of the claim word for word Cash Genie have entered, I can the do a draft basic defence and it can go to the court on Monday, they have NO CHANCE of getting that through at the moment. Your circumstances can be used in the defence against them being unreasonable as well as a variety of other things.

Thank you so much - with a new baby I am just panicking!

This is the wording from the court papers:

Fixed loan agreement

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT DUE OWED

16/02/2010 charges £149 26/02/2010

16/02/2010 interest £810 26/02/2010

16/02/2010 Payment -£130 26/02/2010

16/02/2010 deposited £150 26/02/2010

Total due - 979

The claimant claims the sum of \£1092.52 for the fixed loan agreement

including £113.52 pursuant to sec 69 county court act 1984. Rate 8 percent from dates above to 09/11

thanks

Thank you,

It doesn't state the solicitors - just a name as the clients solicitor which may imply it's all inhouse maybe?

Can I mention the fact I was pregnant shortly after the money became due and that my partner was unemployed. As I have entered the acknowledgement online and said I accept part of the claim can I still use this?

Also if they don't accept this will I automatically get a judgement?

Thank you for your help and sorry for all the questions!

Yes, if you look at the statement I have done on the original thread it allows for this.

I do need to know the name they have put, it is essential that we have this information as it can be used against them. They clearly are going against a lot of guidelines and LAW here and need to be stopped asap.