Eon price rise jokes beggar belief........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had to join up here cause now I have heard it all from Eon energy....

I received a letter from Eon regarding my electricity price increases... in brief.....

There are a number of reasons that have caused these prices to rise. In part, world events such as those witnessed in Japan and North Africa/Libya, have had a dramatic effect in quite a short period of time. This was not an easy decision for us to make but we now have no option but to increase our prices.

unquote

Yes I copied their bad punctuation as well.

Oh ok right so Libya effects my electric bill, how exactly? And err.... Nuclear disaster in Japan effects electric in the UK in what way exactly? I have never heard such cr*p in my whole life. A difficult decision eh....?

Why do they not just be honest and say....

"At Eon we have shareholders who expect high profits despite times of recession and struggle for those on low incomes in the UK. As the majority of peoplw who hold shares are middle and upper class and very well off and they demand more profits we think you should furnish their pockets with money because we don't really give a rat's ar*se about you, we only care about profits."

Well guess what Eon for those completely unbelieveable and tenuous lies.:mad2:

Bye bye.

Join the argument on twitter....

other factors from that letter (yes I received one as well) after reading the financial editor of the telegraph and guardian state clearly, with proof, that wholesale prices are now below march levels (when the Japanese earthquake hit) some energy can be purchased now at prices equal to november 2010!

if you are a prepayment customer (it might be for all customers I dont know?) the rise in standard charges is a 19% increase.

eon have been asked on twitter how the wholesale price "rises" affect a standing charge increase of 19% - eon replied that transportation costs have also increased.

Eon were asked how this was the case when the 40% increase in charges by the national grid (eg, transportation costs) dont come into effect until 2013 - amazingly, Eon have not answered.

Eon did say that there are other factors, such as government policy and costs from this that also push their prices up - for instance, in March the company announced that due to the new german nuclear fuel tax, it would cost eon in the region of 1 Billion euros over this financial year.

Eon have been asked several times in the past few days how much of this new tax in germany is being passed on to UK customers via price rises in our energy, eon have again, not provided any reference to it nor have they answered the question.

Eon pointed to OFGEM (read useless regulator) stating that wholesale prices havent fallen, and provided a link to the report, which is so far out of touch if it wasnt costsing millions of customers more money, would be laughable.

In the OFGEM report summary, it states that "the net loss of increases in wholesale prices, would cost an average duel fuel customer, an extra £15 per year" (yes not a mistype, fifteen pounds a year.) Its way above this level for a single fuel customer nevermind just a customer of eon.

There maybe be a glimmer of hope on the horizon, it was revealed by which? today (again on twitter) that a new ish energy company - ovoenergy - have increased their electricity prices, but have at the same time CUT their gas prices.

The overall increase for a duel fuel customer is around £2

If a company stretched and without the huge customer base that the big 6 have, can afford to make modest profits and provide gas at a now cheaper price, then there has to be, at the very least, a competition commission review that has to be done.

As OFGEM said back in march 2011, if there is sufficient evidence/complaints, a referral to the competition commission could be made - sad but true, they also added that this "review" would take months/years to complete. Yet again the regulator failing to protect the public.

Whats the answer? I dont know, but something has to give, even the duetche bank (apologies for the spelling) has projected that as consumer spending slows around the world, the price of wholesale energy will fall further, to the point where they state clearly that prices are weak and will continue to be for at the least, the next 5 months.

Its time the UK public got together to stop this profiteering nonsense and pressurised the so called energy minister into action or resignation. It cannot go on.

june... requested and paid for 6 years of statements.

july.... letter sent requesting charges be refunded to account

early august... letter received stating "account could be closed, charges are fair according to abbey"

august 21st.. finally received 6 years statements

august 22nd... requested the wife's 6 years past statements.

august 23rd... letter before action sent giving 14 days to refund summary of charges

I forgot to mention....

eon go by the name of @talkenergy on twitter, they also favour releasing statements from their MD via youtube, i suspect this is so nothing ccan be printed off or cross referenced against them in the future.

alternately, you can search for #eon

june... requested and paid for 6 years of statements.

july.... letter sent requesting charges be refunded to account

early august... letter received stating "account could be closed, charges are fair according to abbey"

august 21st.. finally received 6 years statements

august 22nd... requested the wife's 6 years past statements.

august 23rd... letter before action sent giving 14 days to refund summary of charges