Late Licensing Penalty - Template Please?

Mr Smiley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I can see lots of threads relating to DVLA's wonderful late licensing penalties but can't find any templates/letters to use to dispute their case against my partner. Please could someone just point me to where they are. Sorry, I've looked but can't seem to find them.

This has not gone to court yet, we're just at the stage of them saying we must pay the £80 penalty.

After their initial letter imposing this penalty we have now, after sending a copy of the original V5 doc to them, received an acknowledgement letter but they say we are still responsible up to the time of them saying they had not received this from us.

So if someone could please just point me to the templates etc. that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Just tell them you did notify them on time and they failed to update their records on time. THAT'S IT. I've been through this numerous times with numerous people, simply ignore all further communication from them after that. They have a range of ploys that they will throw at you from Debt Collection letters misrepresenting facts, threats, and more. But it will not go to court, it's completely unenforceable. Contact your MP and make a complaint to the PHSO, they have no right to come after you for this, your MP will be very helpful and is very effective at getting the DVLA to back off and pay attention.

I reiterate do not reply to any further communication on the matter after you have informed them of this, because there will be more and it will be designed to wear you down, don't fall for it it's unenforceable and they don't have the right. Simply conduct all further communication through your MP via complaints because they will only mess you around any other way.

Again, file a complaint with the PHSO when you're done, I encourage everybody to do this because only after enough people complain will there be forced to be some action taken against this. They do not have the right to bully people into paying these false claims, they are misrepresenting. It's no different to the PPI claims, the only difference is the banks are being forced to pay it back, when it's proven that DVLA misrepresented LLP they'll be rolling in all the money they managed to fool people into paying.

PM me if you have any questions.