Down on my luck :-(

paganpete101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hope you are fit and well!

I have recently lost hours at work and are now part time, this means I can no longer afford my bills - I have written to my creditors offering a pro-rata payment (have sent a income/expenditure form also to each of them).

I used a template letter from the library (offer payment/stop interest etc etc).

I got a reply from Cap 1 asking for my bank statements (which they will not get - cheeky sods!)

I just got a reply from argos (my argos card) stating:

As a reuslt of financial difficulties you are currently experiencing we have blocked your account from making purchases until further notice.

Please note that if you fail to maintain minimum payments on your account we will have to report this to credit reference agencies and it may affect your ability . . . etc, etc!

No mention of the pro-rata payment or interest stopped or anything - any idea what I can do from here? Plus I would not be using the card again - pointless adding more debt on - silly sods!

Many many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, had a response from them at last, - basically acknowledging my recent letter and to call them in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS IMMEDIATELY....

They will not accept my original offer (saying it is unnacceptable) but will accept £5.00 per calendar month towards the outstanding balance (hopefully that means they will stop the interest also otherwise there is no point) - I can afford that just, so I think I will WRITE to them to say yes, thanks, I will take you up on this! Fingers crossed this will be hunky dory with them - just Cap one and Kays now - still not heard from Kays apart from a default letter and £12.00 charge!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, wrote to Argos accepting their £5.00 per month offer a few weeks back, today I get a 'notice regarding your argos card agreement' - basically a notice because I am behind with my payments - do I reply or is it left hand/right hand syndrome?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, got a letter back from them saying that my £5.00 per month payment will continue for 6 months then revert back to normal (and I have to ignore the default letters etc from them)- what do I do after 6 months as my situation is very unlikely to change (do I keep paying the £5.00 per month)?

TY

• 1 month later...

Hmm, got a letter back from them saying that my £5.00 per month payment will continue for 6 months then revert back to normal (and I have to ignore the default letters etc from them)- what do I do after 6 months as my situation is very unlikely to change (do I keep paying the £5.00 per month)?

TY