Penalty charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our car was parked outside my friends house - Oaklands Road, Bexleyheath. There was a parking permit clearly visible on the nearside passenger door. I have parked my car here for the last 13 years. My friend had not been informed of the change of display regulations. I only found this out by phoning the council office that it must now be displayed clearly on front dashboard. Having parked in the same way for such a long time one does not study the ticket which my friend had purchased to supply to her visitors. I cannot believe that a warden could have missed seeing the permit. I accept that regulations for display have changed but surely this should have been made clear to the purchaser of the permits. I also fail to see how a penalty can be incurred for displaying in the wrong window. Any thoughts?

Get hold of the TRO/TMO which pertains to where you were parked. If it does not mention how the permit is to be displayed (and I seriously doubt that it says anything beyond that they must be displayed then the Council may be acting ultra vires in attempting to prescribe just how the permit is to be displayed.

It might be worth asking the Council how a permit can be displayed where the vehicle has no dashboard

Thread moved to Parking Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert