"faulty ford focus 60 plate anyone help"? !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just wondering if anyone can offer advice or been in same situ and what happened?

so here it is!!!

i bought a ford focus 1.6tdci zetec fbrand new from my local peoples dealer, all good and loved car as we all should be paying so much for lifes little luxurys.

so all good and dandy and 4 months later the car starts losing its power while driving and jerking just cant get it moving, oil light came on so off the dealer it went to be repaired, then few weeks later driving on day out the car loses complete power while driving in little village(one way road no access around not great with two babies in car) so rang aa who came out and said they would take it to the garage to be repaired so of it went next day go to pick car up afetr getting phone call saying all sorted, get to garage to be told theres nothing wrong with it the diagnostic machine says so!!! obviously is something wrong or it would not lose power or be jerking, so took there word for it and convinced myself all in the head.

oooopppss and again car losing power unfortunetly this time on a motorway in the middle lane with my two babies in toe not great and absolutely scared to death managed to drive it over to hard shoulder and pull up for bit, ten mins later car starts as normal so back home i went, raging with anger that my 5 month old car is just unpredictable, phoned gagrage back who said we will take it for 5 days and test drive every day as obviously this was an intermitent probelm, so off the car went for 5 days picked it up and they said again all sorted it was the oxygen sensor. so was relieved they found problem and repaired and off i went, yep you guessed it its now happening again 2 weeks after repiar so fourth time now, so as you can imagine really getting to point of frustration and anger isnt the word:mad2:, so parked it up on my drive phone peoples ford and said i cant drive this car its unsafe i have no confidence in this car so come get it, so they said we need to repair your car for you for you to be elegible to complain.

so anyway this is were i need advice, i want to rsinder (i think thats the term) the contract so have writtin to ford motor company, the dealership and ford credit who i have credit for car with that i cant drive this car even if it was to be repaired again as i have lost complete confidence in the car and its to much of safety risk, i havent heard anything back and i am just wondering what my next step should be and were i actually do stand?

any help would be greatly appreciated:???:

Mmm, there is a similar case somewhere involving a newish Focus and i'll see if I can find it when I have a chance. As far as rejecting the car is concerned (and obvioulsy buying new carries a bit more clout with the SOGA), before hand you have to give the supplying dealer 'reasonable opportunity' to rectify. IMO 4 times is reasonable but clearly the dealer dosn't see it that way. You seem to have already done what I would advise in these circumstances so all you can do now is wait to see what response you get. You need to give them at least 7 working days to respond. The dealer should (and can) offer you a like for like replacement but a lot will depend on how many trouble free miles you have 'enjoyed' from your car. I think they will be keener to do that than provide you with a straight re-fund. No doubt Ford themselves will be bought into the equasion because it will be them who will be shelling out under the warranty. Both the dealer and Ford will be aware of your rights under SOGA but I doubt that they will make you fully aware what they are! Thats where we can help.

thanks sailor sam for your reply, i am in a complete tizzy now and dont know what to do peoples have had it a week and are now saying we cant find a fault and it hasnt happened to them during tests drives so i cant do anything now, and giving the car back to me i just dont want to drive this car i dnt feel a bit safe driving it especially with my babies in car does anyone know were i stand??????:-(