Help!! Newlyn bailiffs took my car with no previous contact!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello!

bailiff have seized my car for unpaid parking tickets which were in dispute as i had sent a witness form by recorded delivery and i did not recieve a reply. i then called newham council to question why i hadnt recieved a reply and they told me to call the court, which i did, though its all automated. anyway, two months later, bailiff have taken my car with no prior contact!! AT ALL. no letters, no visits, NOTHING!! i thought my car had been stolen and called the police wh then told me that the bailiff had filed to them that they had taken the vehicle!! why couldnt they tell me!! they are now demanding £1500 for me to get my car back. i am a single mother with a small baby and its money that i simply just dont have AT ALL!!

i know that the bailiff handeled this job incorrectly thus them taking my car was illegally done and i will file a formal complaint but i need help as i dont know what my next action is, would i have to pay for the car and then complain or can i somehow get any further action frozen?

please help, i am a mess about this!! I sm not the first person they have done this to, please help me fight this.

I have filled out a TE7 and TE9 in order to freeze any further action and have sent off a subject access request but how does this stop them from selling my car after the decisions have been made.

i will launch a formal complaint.

what are the processes of getting my car back without having to pay there illegal fines.

what are the odds that i will get my car back and how long do you think it will take??

should i rent a car and then claim back expenses?

Thankyou.

One an Out of Time is filed ann enforcement is on hold and the car CANNOT be sold and neither can you be liable for bailiff storage fees.

Can you call TEC on 08457 045 007 and ask them to confirm the address on the warrant and the date that they authorised the warrant.

I will then post back later.