direct legal & collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Today i recieved an e-mail from direct legal asking me to contact them so i did and they said they were contacting me on behal of wellcome car finance over a car i had in 2002 and havent paid a penny since may 2004

I said to them this matter was now subject to the limitationact 1980 as i havent paid a penny since then and besides the car was clocked and wellcome refused to do anything about this even when i showed them the evidence

They said no it isnt coz they contacted me in 2008 and spoke to me about it ....

I replied to them stating they are in breech of the rules and the matter is now closed ...but they refused to stop harrasing me ..what do i do ?

HOw are they in breach of the rules ??

You would require proof that someone did indeed speak to you about it when they say they did and what was said.

Unless you acknowledge ownership of any outstanding debt, then by your reckoning.. this is statute barred

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just send them the Stat Barred letter, end of.

Hard to prove verbal agreements although this is likely to trip them up as well if they claim you acknowledged the debt verbally.

They are like most DCA's - chancing their arm and trying to fleece a mug!

And as far as a phone conversation goes, this will not reset the clock, a payment or written acknowledgement is what is required to do that. Send the extremely desperate morons the SB letter and ignore them.

You MUST report them to the OFT&TS also via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Stay off the phone, if they ring, tell them "Everything in writing" laugh then hang up, or just laugh and hang up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

And as far as a phone conversation goes, this will not reset the clock, a payment or written acknowledgement is what is required to do that. Send the extremely desperate morons the SB letter and ignore them.

You MUST report them to the OFT&TS also via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Stay off the phone, if they ring, tell them "Everything in writing" laugh then hang up, or just laugh and hang up.

Well done now you getting it, a writen acknowlegemnt of the reciept of the demand like a CCA request.

No need to thank me for putting you straight on this..

Rosy

HOw are they in breach of the rules ??

You would require proof that someone did indeed speak to you about it when they say they did and what was said.

Unless you acknowledge ownership of any outstanding debt, then by your reckoning.. this is statute barred

No you still dont get it, statute bar is not about owneship of the debt it is about it not being chased for six years, read the regulatios for gods sake

Kind regard

Rosy

Yes that will do it good solid legl advice from the primary school yard

KInd regards

Rosy

I don't know what toddler group it goes to either? But the trolls statements do keep me amused...be a shame to find out if it is employed by a respectable DCA.....:bored:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Rosy, Rosy, Rosy. Writing to someone asking for information on a debt they claim is yours cannot reset the clock; that would be ludicrous. I assume you're posting these comments to confuse people who search the internet...

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

Hi

Today i recieved an e-mail from direct legal asking me to contact them so i did and they said they were contacting me on behal of wellcome car finance over a car i had in 2002 and havent paid a penny since may 2004

I said to them this matter was now subject to the limitationact 1980 as i havent paid a penny since then and besides the car was clocked and wellcome refused to do anything about this even when i showed them the evidence

They said no it isnt coz they contacted me in 2008 and spoke to me about it ....

I replied to them stating they are in breech of the rules and the matter is now closed ...but they refused to stop harrasing me ..what do i do ?

:focus:

Have you sent them the SB letter? If you do, then send it either 1st or 2nd class but you MUST obtain "Proof of posting" from the PO counter.

Once they have been told, in writing, and they then continue to contact you for payment, you can report them to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

Even though a debt is subject to the limitations act, whilst they CANNOT recover this via the courts, they can still "ask" for payment toward it, however, you can also politely tell them to go away, they cannot mark your credit file with adverse data, as this will be incorrect and defamatory you will be able to sue them for damages if they did so.

Once a debt is SB "NOTHING" can unbar it, no phone conversation, no letter, not even agreeing with them that yes you do indeed owe this, it is dead and buried, you may get a letter every now and then asking you for payment, but once they are told, in writing, that it is SB, they will sell it on and print money off the back of it.

• 2 months later...

I think all the thanks should go to Rosy.......for proving yet again that the financial industry is on it's knees because they choose to employ fools who can't see further than the end of their nose and live in their own little world.