How Long Does Tax Rebate Take ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

These idiots owe me money i am currently working for minimum wage in a job i really dont want to do but have to support my family somehow

i received my p60 about 3 weeks ago saying how much money im owed

how long does it usually take as i have not seen a penny of it yet

Hello there. Which 'idiots' do you mean please? A P60 is issued by your employer and would normally just state what you've earned in the tax year up to 5th April.

If HMRC owe you money, have you had a statement from them?

I think we need a bit more information please, to be able to advise you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello again and thank you for that. It might be worth having a word with your payroll people if you haven't already. In the past, I've known tax rebates come through salary, although I could be completely wrong.

Has your tax coding been changed since you started work?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Go over your figures for the 2010/11 year. You will have p45's/p60. Add up your income, pay and JSA etc. Your allowance for the 2010/11 year is 6475. If you've not earned that and you have paid tax, then you will want that back, less what you've had already. You will have to claim it from the HMRC though; address is on their web site.

As you have received JSA in the year in question HMRC will not be able to automatically do your assessment as they will not yet have the JSA details, and probably won't until November.

Write to HMRC, enclosing your P45 and P60, requesting a repayment of overpaid tax. Clearly mark the letter REPAYMENT at the top so it can be dealt with separate from the general post.

The address is

HMRC

PAYE and Self Assessment

PO BOX 1970

Liverpool

L75 1WX

The current turnaround time is 4-6 weeks from when you send the letter.

NB- for future reference. Those who work for HMRC are not 'idiots', they like you are hardworking people who have a job to do under great pressure and are expected to hit unreasonable targets. Maybe it would have been an idea to get your tax sorted out during the year so a repayment claim at the year end wouldn't be necessary.

• Haha 1

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.