Debenhams Store Card PPI ***Urgent Help Required*******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well quick update,

Everything arrived, i telephoned this morning and as i thought it has been transferred to my local court. They have said they will send confirmation. Just going to send a copy to Howard Cohern too. I'm hoping i've done enough to fight back at underhand tactics once they new i was in dispute with them.

What will be the next step?? Does anyone know??

Thanks

KatieJ :rolleyes:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will need to defend the counterclaim, and you'll both get an allocation questionnaire so the judge can decide if it should be allocated to small claims, fast or multi-track. If the claims under £5k should be small claims so no costs would be awarded to either side.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm hoping it stays with small claims, i didn't add in the 8% in the counter claim amount box, just added my PPi + CI, i did also add that i was claiming the courts 8% though on my counter claim details????

I just need to feel a bit more confident i can win this, do people think my counterclaim is a good argument??

Sorry but have had a really bad day (families!!), and not really feeling very positive tonight!

You can never say what will happen in court Kate. If I was the judge you'd win, but I'm not. All you can do is do plenty of research, reading and preparation to give it your best shot. Preparation is the key IMHO.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

HiIt has been transferred, and i now have an allocation Questionnaire to fill in and it is still with small claims so i guess i need to get that done and then wait till the court sends me further directions??? Has anyone got any help with what may happen next?? Is it worth contacting HC do you think??Thanks

The allocation questionnaire is to decide which track to allocate it to, so it's not small claims yet.

What's your idea behind contacting HC? What did you have in mind?

What's Best for You?

Hi

If you have issued against them, they will soon come to negotiate with you.

You've issued, paid your fees so I would let them play their cards.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I agree with Ims. They may think you're chickening out if you approach them and try and gain the upper hand.

What's Best for You?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, well, AQ handed in, court says things are progressing as normal and now i will probably get a hearing date. Got home Friday after taking AQ in to a parcel from HC, containing theire defence to my counter claim, looks to be a lot of wirdy stuff to out me off, going on about how i have not sent in any evidence for my defence. At this stage i didn't think i had to?? Straight away there are a couple of things wrong in their counter defence, they state they have no knowledge of my SAR, although it was old and then GE, i have a copy of GE's letter and partial statements, and strange how they seem to be able to obtain copies of the original app, T & C's etc, but not my SAR more recently!!.

Also in part of my counter claim i have stated that they are in breach of OFT guidelines and NC in their defence to my counter claim have stated no collection activity commenced whilst my complaint was o/s yet i have 3 letters from a debt collection agency demanding full payment once after my complaint commenced!!.

I've not looked in great detail as i've had a hen weekend but will post their defence to my counter claim up tomorrow/tues but would appreciate initial thoughts??

Many Thanks

Hi Kate

Might be best for you to post up that defece as you mentioned in your post before last. The legal members can then advise.

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

• 5 weeks later...

Hi peeps

Right, back on it all now, have been away on hols so am refreshed and ready for a fight!. I've attached HC's Defence to my counterclaim (in 2 posts as quite a few pages to attach), please can someone advise on this.

I also have just received details of a hearing on 3 Oct. Please can someone let me know what i need to do, what paperwork do i need to get ready as so far i've not submitted any copies of paperwork (not been asked to), statements, collection letters etc. I note in their defence they state that collections did not commence whilst my complaint was on going, however i have letters from viking collections which started just after i submitted my complaint. I also note that they deny my SAR, however i also have a copy of this and their response and (and some missing statements).

Can someone talk me through what i need to do now as this is now getting very close to the hearing date.

I have also received a draft order of directions from the claimant which i will scan and post up tomorrow as it's now getting late to do.

Please, all advice greatly received and urgently needed, apologies for the one page docs but i don't know how to get it as one document!.

Many Thanks

HCDefenceP2.pdf

HCDefencep1.pdf

HCDefenceP4.pdf

HCDefenceP5.pdf

HCDefenceP3.pdf

Hi Kate

maybe PM andyorch or caro if she's around. They are both good at this in my opinion.

Regards

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

They can draft as many directions as they like, but it's up to a judge whether or not they will order them. There's some good guidance here for preparing for court. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?163425-Re-Me-vs-MBNA-court-case-looming-help-please-**DISCONTINUED**&p=2171582&viewfull=1#post2171582

What's Best for You?

IMHO, I would be going through each of their points to see if you can counter argue/rebut the statements they made.

In particular the points around the PPI and why you didnt bring the PPI issue up prior (if you didnt that is) A lot of people wouldnt have realised that the policy was mis sold until the media frenzy over the last couple of years...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Folks

I haven't sent in any documentation apart from my defence and completed AQ, should i get my bundle ready and send it to court before appearing, i.e get it ready this weekend??? Should i also send a set to HC in the post?? And from looking at the post Caro has sent also take additional copies to the hearing. Do you think this will be the only hearing??, the notice of hearing states 20 mins has been allowed??

I think you do need to submit your bundle to the court at least 7 days before the hearing and also to the opposition. It might be worth pming andyorch for confirmation.

Do make sure you take at least one extra copy of everything with you on top of your own bundle.. as it hasnt been unknown for either the opposition or the Judge to have "lost" theirs.

Caro posted a good link in post #92.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Kate responding to your PM

What is this hearing for? if you have only submitted a defence and AQ surely you cant be at trial yet? Are you the Claimant or Defendant?

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

I have only submitted a counter claim as a defendant, and completed an AQ. I've so far not been asked to submit any paperwork but am worried that i should have done. HC have clearly lied intheir response to 2 points so i don't want to miss on not pointing that out. The Judge has allocated 20 mins, i don't know what to expect, i've never been to court before!!

Ok you need to check your paperwork carefully.Look at the General Order with reference to this hearing, does it state the Claimant has made any applications

or is it a Case Management Hearing? It should state what the hearing is for and then Ill advise further.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thanks Kate,

When you submitted your AQ did you receive a Notice of Allocation stating which Track/ Directions/Disclosure?

If not then the hearing is merely a CMC (Case Management Conference) this is to help the DJ resolve issues/ issue Directions and aid placement to the correct Track.

Its not a trial and you don't prepare a trial bundle, however you need to draft a skeleton argument having had their response to your defence

and raise issues that you disagree and require the DJ to give Direction, it could be that you need documents disclosed etc you will know what points you wish to resolve to enable to proceed. Always check all your paperwork from the Court they may try to sneak a Summary Judgment application along the way.

Wishing you well with you claim.

Regards

Andy