Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dread If I get sent .....nearest one is really awkward to get to by public transport and the fairs are high, approx. £10 return, country busses etc....and I have no car. I went in there once with a family member for their first appt, what a depressing place, and a right bunch of numbskulls running it.....worrying to say the least.

fare is refunded

car is done by miles I think

depressing sounds typical

they told my cousin that she couldn't have fair refunded unless she attended 3 times a week at least, and the times they gave her to go were impossible as she had to get her young son into and collected from school, so she never got any fares paid as she was only able to go once a week due to the times they gave her, don't know what happened but after a few weeks she was back at jc and got advisor there, much better she says.

they told my cousin that she couldn't have fair refunded unless she attended 3 times a week at least, and the times they gave her to go were impossible as she had to get her young son into and collected from school, so she never got any fares paid as she was only able to go once a week due to the times they gave her, don't know what happened but after a few weeks she was back at jc and got advisor there, much better she says.

dunno about that - could be untruths as I attend once every so often at some points and still got fare paid

Edited by honeybee13
Removing lies JIC.

question..how can they be making money..costs of staff,premises,rates,electric and office equipment surely won't be matched by the few % of people they get job outcomes for.

They get fees for referrals and a lot of other thinsg they do

If she incurs ANY travel costs while attending Work Programme activities, the provider HAS to reimburse them. From the provider guidance:

Travel Expenses

140. Participants attending provision are entitled to a refund of the travel costs

they incur. It is your responsibility to pay the participant’s travel costs as

travel expenses are included within the funding received from DWP as

part of the overall contract package.

141. Participants are expected to travel to your provision by the cheapest

method available to them. However, some participants will be unable to

travel by the cheapest method for example, due to a disability or the need

to be accompanied by a support worker.

142. On commencing provision you should advise participants what evidence

they will need to produce to claim refunds of travel costs, for example bus

tickets.

***.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-chapter-2.pdf

Don't let them fob your cousin off. So long as they've got the receipts, they've got a vaild claim for reimbursement.

And make a complaint. Time and time again I keep reading about providers flouting proper procedure:mad2:

Or was the ingeus adviser telling him he couldn't apply because they don't get a job outcome payment if you've worker for the employer within the last so many years - if so this should be reported.

*Her :razz: lol

But yes I was thinking this myself, definitely worth considering if that be the case. Three years with no convictions or failure to disclose any other issues etc? Far too dodgy it seems.

Great news, that place has scarred and still affects me mentally 6 months later after the way I was treatedd my the admin staff in there you people deserve medals as big as bin lids for still putting up with it,, they deserve to be at the very back of the dole queue so they know how it feels

Thanks for the links Chester - the comments on the Guardian article in particular are very illuminating:

The report also reveals that all 18 organisations involved in the Work Programme, which include companies such as A4e and Ingeus, have been placed on "performance improvement plans" and that in seven cases, organisations had been sent formal letters warning of unacceptable standards.

:!:

"200,000 had been placed in work", says the Department of Worthless Propaganda (DWP). By definition this includes, those in employment, those who are classed as self-employed (including the pretendy self-employed) and those on the government schemes (workfare). So "placed in work" covers a multitude of sins...and is another way of obscuring the truth.

^ shines a light on the blatant fakery of the unemployment figures

I asked Jobcentre + to find me someone to work full-time in my commercial kitchen. In four months they contacted me only once with an applicant who had "limited English, and full time child care commitments" which meant she could only work for two hours in the evening. Useless! During the same period I was directed to Ingeus who promised they could find me a suitable person through the Work Program. The Ingeus agent who came to see me was a sharp suited spiv who looked about 12 years old. He was big on promises and BS but had very little real knowledge of employment law and tax regulations when questioned. Needless to say they never found one person for me, either

Margaret Hodge, who chairs the committee, said the programme was particularly failing young people and those who are hardest to help. She said: "It is shocking that of the 9,500 former incapacity benefit claimants referred to providers, only 20 people have been placed in a job that has lasted three months, while the poorest-performing provider did not manage to place a single person in the under-25 category into a job lasting six months."

another shambles.........am just glad people are speaking out and these reports are being made. showing the govt ..dwp..wp...atos...up for what they really are. bring it on more and more.

Whilst I applaud the outing of the WP I am also very concerned at the same time!

Too much of a coincidence that parking of "those hardest to place" and the increased sanction on those on ESA!

Slight inflection now (well they were overt and brazen last time) to the disabled on ESA being permanently parked.

Remember a lot of ill/disabled are only surviving this farce by being parked and left alone. A new harsher regime of sanctioning the ****e out of those unable to defend themselves by calling them "hardest to" I wouldn't put it past em tbf!

So might I politely request those more active than myself to not only slate this show of mucus but also point out that many disabled and too ill to cope are being force to partake?

We all know there's no help for them being offered by the WP only destitution for not complying for the opinions of WWP after the £26000 bounty (remember Europena Social Fund milking doubles their worth)!

Remember also there's no such thing as targets only statical variance :lol:

I went down yesterday and got spoken to like dirt because I apparently have an attitude problem.

I've got severe chest pains and am constantly out of breath and I had to climb two flights of stairs to get to the Ingeus department. Upon arriving I sat for two minutes catching my breath then my advisor called me over. She said hi to me and asked how I was and I said "yeah alright" and she started lecturing me on how if I want a job I have to be more enthusiastic and that I wouldn't get away with my current attitude in a work environment. :O She then made me re-edit my CV AGAIN, questioned me on what jobs I'd applied for (I thought that was the role of the Jobcentre?) and generally gave me a bunch of generic and predictable tips on what to do at an interview. She said I'd benefit from team building classes and mock interviews so she's going to book me in for "as much as possible" in the next few months.

Kill me. :(

I went down yesterday and got spoken to like dirt because I apparently have an attitude problem.

I've got severe chest pains and am constantly out of breath and I had to climb two flights of stairs to get to the Ingeus department. Upon arriving I sat for two minutes catching my breath then my advisor called me over. She said hi to me and asked how I was and I said "yeah alright" and she started lecturing me on how if I want a job I have to be more enthusiastic and that I wouldn't get away with my current attitude in a work environment. :O She then made me re-edit my CV AGAIN, questioned me on what jobs I'd applied for (I thought that was the role of the Jobcentre?) and generally gave me a bunch of generic and predictable tips on what to do at an interview. She said I'd benefit from team building classes and mock interviews so she's going to book me in for "as much as possible" in the next few months.

Kill me. :(

I've been on the Work Programme and various other schemes and the women are always the worst. :-) If you're unhappy with any aspect of the provision of your Work Programme provider, put a complaint in to their manager and do it ASAP. And complain about the lift access too. You are also well within your rights to ask for another advisor.

Hey all,

I'm due to go in tomorrow and I've just had a text reminder about my appointment.

Last week (as some of you may have seen from my previous post) I went in to sit in front of a computer for an hour, unassisted, to do a pretty pointless job search which I could've done at home and not wasted any time going in and out of town.

I vaguely remember reading something in this thread about these computer job searches not actually being mandatory despite what they say, and that I can ask for a Mandatory Activity Notification to prove this.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Any help would be appreciated :)

I wouldnt give dwp or a pimp my landline, mobile or email.

I am currently claiming ESA (WRAG), the DWP have my land line number as the claim was done over the phone initially, and the number is part of the set of security questions asked if I contact them.

I had my first WFI last Thursday and was referred to the WP. the JCP advisor read out my land line number for me to confirm, I asked her just where she got the number from 'DWP' was the reply, I then instructed her that I did not want the number given to the WP provider and that I preferred contact via post only, this she agreed to.

Yesterday morning I received a call on my land line from Seetec, who apparently are my WP provider arranging a first interview. So the pimps already have my address, home phone number and god knows what else.

Osdset is not a happy bunny!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I am currently claiming ESA (WRAG), the DWP have my land line number as the claim was done over the phone initially, and the number is part of the set of security questions asked if I contact them.

I had my first WFI last Thursday and was referred to the WP. the JCP advisor read out my land line number for me to confirm, I asked her just where she got the number from 'DWP' was the reply, I then instructed her that I did not want the number given to the WP provider and that I preferred contact via post only, this she agreed to.

Yesterday morning I received a call on my land line from Seetec, who apparently are my WP provider arranging a first interview. So the pimps already have my address, home phone number and god knows what else.

The JCP man at my WP referral interview actually offered to remove my number from their records. I accepted and he removed my phone number there and then. I now have the results of a SAR which shows that the pimp subsequently contacted the JCP and asked for my number. The pimp's note shows that the JCP told them that they do not have my number.

Needless to say I have never had a phone call from the pimp.

The JCP man at my WP referral interview actually offered to remove my number from their records. I accepted and he removed my phone number there and then. I now have the results of a SAR which shows that the pimp subsequently contacted the JCP and asked for my number. The pimp's note shows that the JCP told them that they do not have my number.

Needless to say I have never had a phone call from the pimp.

Well the pimps have it now so there is not much I can do, it was by sheer chance that I answered the phone anyway, I usually let it go to answerphone as my number is very similar to a business that went into liquidation and I constantly get people phoning for them as the number is still listed under their name across the internet.

The pimps are not getting my mobile number or e mail address, and I will be refusing to sign the usual paperwork - data waiver etc. It will be interesting just to see what they have in store, I will be checking the regs today but I'm pretty sure that the only 'volunteer' mandatory work experience they can shove me on to must be with a charitable organisation, and most of them have shunned workfare for the sick/disabled.

With a bit of luck and some work no doubt I will get parked and I can get on with my life according to my agenda, not theirs.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Employment Advisor

Southport

When you join Ingeus as an Employment Advisor, every client will be different. Ingeus welcomes applications from all sections of the community.... £24,585 a year

reed.co.uk - 16:13

Everyone is different so why bother with an individual approach - get paid to treat people like dirt and to break their spirit whilst forcing them to work for free

I bet the above whilst true wouldn't go on ads like that

Geez thats bad, sorry to hear that mate.

In my case as far as DWP and Atosh I informed them I dont have a telephone and have insisted in the past to send everything in writting. There is no way these guys are gonna be phoning me at all times of the day or leaving a message I may never listen to.

More often than not if I dont know the number I wont answer. Problem is people can still get your number through BT which is annoying.

You done the right thing on insisting they write to you. Maybe remove your consent to them passing your information on to another party. Maybe you could even instruct them to remove your phone details from their records.

I would just get a new phone number but thats just me, Im a bit like that lol