Mfi

seylectric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had two run-ins with them last year.

One was for a cooker hood, bought in the display items sale. I paid cash but I was then told that I would have to go back to collect the item in a couple of weeks as it had to be dismantled from the display. Fair enough.

However when I went to collect it, there were parts missing - namely the filter grill, which would have cost £23 to replace (taking the cost to more than the price of a new hood), and there were visible scratches on the front of the hood - no good as it was going in my our kitchen; who wants a scratched cooker hood in a new kitchen?

They offered me a refund, but I argued that they should replace the display-model hood with a new one, as it wasn't damaged and there were no parts missing when I bought it, and I felt that they had a duty of care to look after my goods since they were unable to let me take them away on the day I paid.

The manager would not budge, and tried to fob me off with the tale that it was a discontinued model and a replacement wasn't available. I phoned Trading Standards but they said that they felt the offer of a full refund was reasonable enough.

However, this had a knock-on effect because the cooker hood required a certain type of cupboard housing, which I had already bought elsewhere and fitted into my kitchen whilst awaiting the delivery of the hood. I decided to phone a central MFI number, who then put me in touch with several branches who DID have a new one in stock. Armed with this information I phoned Trading Standards again, who then asked the manager to supply one from another branch. He wasn't happy, but I got my cooker hood in the end!

The moral is, don't give up!

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks