Major problems with Three…

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is such a long saga, I really don’t know where to begin!! I have had issues with Three mobile for years now. The service at this post code can only be described as dire, dispite their website stating ‘excellent’! About this time last year I was finally out of my second 18 month contract with them. I really wanted an iPhone and at the time they were not providing them, so having found a suitable contract online with Vodafone, ready to go, I contacted Three about terminating my contract and obtaining a PAC code to port my number. The advisor convinced me to stay, promising me that in the ‘coming months’ they are going to upgrade the equipment and offered me the Nokia n6(I think), any way I returned this because I couldn’t get on with it and opted for an iPhone 4 which they had available. During the autumn I complained to them numerous times of poor reception and call drops. (I did have the grip thing around the phone), they just kept telling me about the improvements planned.

At the beginning of December I get a sales call from them offering me a special deal on a USB modem broadband plan, as a ‘special customer’ that has been with them so long, 1GB for £5 a month. Don’t ask me why, they caught me off guard, after being told that they ‘guarantee’ I’ll be able to use it no problem. Anyway this arrived a couple of days later and, as soon as I received it, I trundled up to the PO knee deep in snow and sent it back. I sent them an email to confirm I had done this. I also inform them that I had cancelled the DD with my bank.

Over the next few months I think I must have spoken to almost all their Indian call centre representatives, complaining about the poor signal here. Not just inside, but out on the street. One suggested going outside and make calls, imagine that in snowy weather! I was told by another rep that there are no further plans to upgrade my service as I have full strength.

In February I wrote to them telling them that I have had enough, they have 6 months to improve the service, or as of the 7th August(anniversary of contract start) I would terminate my contract without penalty as they are not providing the advertised service or doing anything constructive to help me. This letter was ignored so I sent another in March. This also was ignored, so I sent another in May, recorded delivery to their Head office in Glasgow. I did in this instance get a couple of voicemails and a call from ‘Alex’ in the tech dept. He had to call me back because the reception was so bad we couldn’t hear one another. He advised me to reset my iPhone and switch off Wi-Fi, this didn’t help.

At the end of March I receive a bill for £9.34 for Broadband Lite. I immediately called them and explained that I had send it back in early December and hadn’t commenced the contract. Although they took a DD in late December I couldn’t be bothered with the fuss of getting a refund. I explain why I had sent it back, I had been mis-sold it, couldn’t even get a talk service here let alone a data one, in any case I have a home network. They told me I hadn’t followed the right returns procedure (which I’d admitted) and that they’d never received it. I asked why they took 3 months to bill me and they couldn’t answer this question. I told them I was not paying for a service I haven’t used, had no means to use, nor the network at home to use it. They confirmed that in fact it had never been used but insisted that I was still liable to pay.

Anyway to try and summarise I paid £19.40 last month as they passed the ‘debt’ onto their collections department. I have written to them AGAIN. I really hate talking to their CS dept, I get passed from pillar to post, one person saying or promising one thing, then another denying it. Having to explain the whole scenario again and again to every person, as they don’t seemingly have the ability to add details to my account, which the next person can catch up on. Anyway I find it hard to express myself verbally on the phone; I end up forgetting what I wanted to say and/or getting angry and not being listened to. A letter is a recorded way of communicating where either party can’t deny what they have said/promised.

What can I do next, can anyone help me? I need someone from Three to look at my situation and not just quote the rules from a computer screen at me, but use a little common sense, discretion and deal with my case accordingly. I really want OUT from Three altogether, I understand all the various factors that can make the service variable, and the website is ‘for illustration purposes only’ but there is a world of difference between, variable, weak, excellent and NO service!!!!! Today I receive another bill for £9.34

Sorry for such a long post I really need some help with this….. ? :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Edited by JimboUK71
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with keeping things in writing. You could try emailing the CEO david.dyson@three.co.uk and ask him to look into this for you.

Try to bullet point and give details in chronological order, and post the dates (as close as possible) so he can look at how things have gone from your point of view. Also tell him what you want as a solution.

Also take a look at their Complaints_code, maybe put a copy of your email to David Dyson there aswell.

I'd also try to keep payments up to date whilst you sort this issue out. Late payments to mobiles can effect your credit rating.

Keep us informed with any developments.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

** UPDATE **

I have noticed from my on-line statement that Three have credited my account with £25, presumably the refund from the USB modem contract. That was nice of them, shame they couldn't be bothered to write and tell me they have done so!! I can't wait to be done with these cowboys!!

I'd also try to keep payments up to date whilst you sort this issue out. Late payments to mobiles can effect your credit rating.

Keep us informed with any developments.

I did make payments, but only after a collections letter! Will they mark this on my credit file? Not really fair as I didn't get a chance to dispute the charges before they brought the dogs in!

Unfortunatly, they will report the billing on your credit file as it happens. If you were 3 months late paying the bill, this will show.

You can get a copy of your credit file from Experian, Equifax and Call Credit by paying them £2 each. Just visit their website. This will arm you with the info you need. If there is anything wrong from three, keep to the advice I posted above.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

The thing they'll put on your credit file is what their system will have shown, when the bill was due and when it was paid. Ask them which credit reference agency they report to, and get a copy of that report. It will be well worth the £2 to find out, and will be something great to arm yourself with if you have to take this complaint further.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

*** UPDATE ***

I today had a written response from Three, from their Executive Office, apologising for the lack of communication and confirming cancellation of the Modem account. Coincidently they sent it on the same date I sent another letter to them formally asking them to cancel my mobile contract. They did email me about a week ago, but I must have missed it. I emailed them back today asking them to remove any adverse information at any credit reference agencies, they emailed me(within the hour) to confirm that they have instructed their account departments to do so, this will take up to 28 days!! :oops:

They also said in their letter that an upgrade was due here in mid-July, that they would contact me to see if any improvement. Hmm, we'll see. I just want shot of them now.

I also have a monitored email address for the Exec office if anyone needs it. Certainly beats writing or calling them??

Edited by JimboUK71
  • Haha 1

Well done! Glad you got your credit file sorted, thats the most important thing here.

Also, thank you for the update. All too often people do not post the resolution. Glad things worked out well for you.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

*** UPDATE ***

I today had a written response from Three, from their Executive Office, apologising for the lack of communication and confirming cancellation of the Modem account. Coincidently they sent it on the same date I sent another letter to them formally asking them to cancel my mobile contract. They did email me about a week ago, but I must have missed it. I emailed them back today asking them to remove any adverse information at any credit reference agencies, they emailed me(within the hour) to confirm that they have instructed their account departments to do so, this will take up to 28 days!! :oops:

They also said in their letter that an upgrade was due here in mid-July, that they would contact me to see if any improvement. Hmm, we'll see. I just want shot of them now.

I also have a monitored email address for the Exec office if anyone needs it. Certainly beats writing or calling them??

Glad it is sorted for you, could you pm me with the contact details for the monitored email address for the Exec office.

Regards

Greigster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

david.dyson@three.co.uk is the CEO's email address.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar