Cap One POC***WON***

Brian2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone point me to a POC for Capital One? I have charges going back to 2001 totaling £590 and I want to charge restitution interest of £2820. These charges are between 2001 and 2009, and I have SAR them to see if there are any further charges to add to the claim. Once I have these, I will do lba letter. I am asking for the POC just to get my head round what i need to do!!

Thanks

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Now had SAR details back from Cap One. Application signed in 2000, terms & condition supplied from Sept 2010! Have drafted prelim letter based on library version, but what interest rate for restitutional interest can I charge. My current statement rate is 21.73%, but a year ago it was 27.21%. In my SAR I did ask for details of interest rates applied and their response was 'Please be aware that any changes in your interest rates would havebeen included in your original monthly statements' (If I had the statements, I would not have done the SAR!!)

Thanks

Hi

Now had SAR details back from Cap One. Application signed in 2000, terms & condition supplied from Sept 2010! Have drafted prelim letter based on library version, but what interest rate for restitutional interest can I charge. My current statement rate is 21.73%, but a year ago it was 27.21%. In my SAR I did ask for details of interest rates applied and their response was 'Please be aware that any changes in your interest rates would havebeen included in your original monthly statements' (If I had the statements, I would not have done the SAR!!)

Thanks

Personally I'd use the higher one

ims

Thanks ims21, I have now sent off my Prelim letter. Enclosed in my bundle from Cap One following the SAR was copy of my Cap One application form, from 2000, a T&C threefold leaflet 15279/TS&CSFLY/0910 - which I take to be T&C relevant to Sept 2010? Also a single sheet with current terms. Neither of these have a para 23 which is referred to on my application form. Does anyone have a set of T&C from 2000 that I could have a copy of??

Brian

I sent my prelim ltr, based on the CAG template letter, but included in a para

"I further request that you send me a copy of the terms andcondition relating this account, which were in place at the time the accountwas open, as the Application form refers to para 23 which is not included inthe Terms and Conditions, of September 2010, which you have supplied."

Cap One have responded with;

"Its going to take us a little while to look into your situation and come back to you with a detailed response. We'll do everything we can to get an answer back to you with four weeks of this letter."

Can I go ahead and send them lba, or do I have to await their full response?

Hi

Did you give a time limit in your prelim letter?

If, say, you asked for your refund in 14 days and that time has elapsed then you can do your lba. You set the timescales.

Having said that, some might say that to be fair I will give them the 4 weeks and then send lba.

Personally, my favoured approach is to stick to my own as I think a 14 day prelim and 14 day lba is time enough. In reality there is no way these big institutions struggle to get information together but they will claim they do struggle just to confuse and confound.

ims

• Confused 1

Thanks ims

Prelim ltr was sent on 23rd June, so I will wait until 14 days (mentioned in Prelim ltr) to elaspe, then send lba. I figure they have the staff and resources to find a set of terms & conditions requested. Not actually sure if and why I need the T&C's?

Hi Brian

While it may be considered "Good Form" to have the original T&C's it is not essential. I think in this case that if you actually had to get in the court room you will say to the Judge that you have requested appropriate T&Cs on more than one occasion which the lender has either been unable or unwilling to supply.

Accordingly you have been put in a position whereby you can only rely on the sets of T&Cs which the lender has chosen to provide to you and that interestingly, the particular clause about which you are concerned is missing from the sets that the lender has provided.

ims

• 2 months later...
Thanks ims

Prelim ltr was sent on 23rd June, so I will wait until 14 days (mentioned in Prelim ltr) to elaspe, then send lba. I figure they have the staff and resources to find a set of terms & conditions requested. Not actually sure if and why I need the T&C's?

Hi Brian,

I think I already know the answer to this but have you received a response from Cap 1 yet?

I have an almost identical case which I have taken action through the courts.

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Hi

Yes. Evrything came back within the 40 days. Copy of original contract, but made up T&C's. Prelim letter was responded to with a silly offer, which was rejected.Then revised offer of about b75% was made, and I accepted that.

Brian

Hi

Yes. Evrything came back within the 40 days. Copy of original contract, but made up T&C's. Prelim letter was responded to with a silly offer, which was rejected.Then revised offer of about b75% was made, and I accepted that.

Brian

Hi Brian

Do I read this as being settled and all done and dusted?

If so we can the thread title changed for you to reflect your success.

Regards

ims

Title changed as requested

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Brian

To be honest that wasn't the response I expected but I am pleased for you. Glad you had a successful result.

Not sure how their selection process works to which claims they pay and which they don't because ours is almost identical yet they have invited me to withdraw our claim, ha! As if.

Shelley

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend