We Won

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its just that in the template for credit /store card, that i think its bookworm did it says charges and interest, well how do you work out what interest there is if it just lists three different interests and says only "Interest" I think ones for cash I've taken out and the others for goods bought so what would the third be for?

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I've done all these things correct I don't want to be caught out on some technicality.So its just the charges I claim for on my Visa's?Regards Nigel

How do I know if they have put a default notice against me.Is it wise to leave the red bit in the letter anyway so they know which default notice to take off (if any)or do you have to point it out each one they have put against you?.I'm just waiting to put my final touches to these letters.thanks everyone (joni2bad) for your help.

Interest - you can only claim for any interest that was caused solely by unlawful charges. If you are able to work it out, then you should claim it.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The schedule of charges are the list of YOUR charges. Have you already started your own claim?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Its impossible to work out the interest they are charging me resulting from unlawful charges.there is just 3 different listed interests on the same day all labeled "Interest" it does not say what each of them are for.:confused: :confused: :confused: .Is it best to leave it off then incase of my mistake.regards Nigel

Probably - the value against your overall claim will not be significant.

I thought that myself.sorry about my delay in replying fininshed my accounting taken out all the red default stuff.So thats £7406 halifax acct £400 visa one £395 visa classic. mmmmm my kids might get a christmas after all.so does it sound like i've done it right.thanks.joni2bad

yep

Ok received a letter back from bank usual "sorry to learn you are unhappy with charges applied to your account.(why?do they think I'm pleased about it).they are dealing with my request within four weeks.I know they will more like in 8 days when I send them my court proceedings money claim.Had no hold ups at all touchwood its as though they want to give me my money back.I think I'm doing things right?My LBA went to them on the 1st they got it on the 2nd so am I right in my time table.Next bit my claim where do I go to file my court case can I do it on line?if not do I visit my local court for the papers and is it the same papers for the small claims court?as I think mine will be tracked.Help.regards Nigel8-)

looking at the Particulars of claim letter by rbrears does it matter that I started with the Leeds Perm and then it became the Halifax do I put in the term from 1990 when I went to the leeds perm?I'm becoming a little confused about which letter to write out for my claim.If I do a claim with the hard copy do I still need to do a letter that rbrears has forwarded or do I just fill in the official looking hard copy:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: help could somebody just lead me to the right link please.Also when I claim back charges and the interest they have debited do I claim the 8% on both Ie total it up and then do the 8% of them both.regards Nigel

So using the new spread sheet from sticky do I do one for the interest charged as well because that just does the adding up of charges with no mention to adding on interest charged.Also Ive tried to clear the contents to put my own figures in but it is removing the formulae behind the cells as well what do I do to just clear the figures and not the formulae I thought clear content would have done it,it doesn't give me another alternative of removal.Regards Nigel

I see, solved the changing of the cell content now.Anyone know what I do about my debited interest over the years do I add 8% to that figure using the same sheet as I used for my charges, and then just total them both together.So basically I have charges +8%and debited interest +8%????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: regards Nigel

after doing 178 lines of bank charges and redoing the formulae to the added lines,can I just do a new "simple"sheet again for my interest charged whilst in the -ve zone,is it worked out the same as charges, ie the days from the charge each day is charged at (*0.00022)*the interest charged at that date.?????regards Nigel.

OK .HAVE DONE MY SHEET WITH THE 8% INTEREST ON CHARGES AND INTEREST DEBITED SO WHAT DO I DO NOW WHICH LETTER DO I GO TO ,TO START COURT PROCEEDINGS.COULD SOMEONE HELP WITH THESE LAST FEW THREAD QUESTIONS THAT i HAVE DONE .REGARDS NIGEL

Looking at those posts, you simply haven't spent enough time reading through the FAQ section, in full.

This is primarily a self help website. We do not have the time to answer questions that you really should know the answer to by now. You are seemingly on the verge of court action against a large financial institution with 'unlimited' funds.

It's time for you to take much more control over your own case, as you have clearly highlighted with the above.

Oh yes I have ,I think its just that conversation with someone that gives the nod that you are doing the right proceedure so that no cockups are made so that it spoils it for anyone.You see I have tax credits so do I bother claiming exemption now, wait till I go to court,or claim it as a refund afterwards If I loose

because everyone is winning,you know these are some of the questions going through my head,I think its just reassurance we look for.regards Nigel

Hi again just noticed I've sent the "credit/store card template"as a prelim letter.There was no LBA title in the letter.So do I send it again in 14 days to give them the usual 28 days that the prelim and LBA letters do or go straight to moneyclaim at the end of the first 14 days.Done it right with my current account damn it.Regards Nigel:oops: :oops: :oops:

God Jonni2bad your right when I read over the last few of my threads I've got a few things muddled up.My prelim went 01/08/06 not my LBA .LBA letter waiting to go with revised charges listing again for the 14/08/06.I didn't realise that the 8% spreadsheet filled in at the same time,so all you have to do is click on the 8% folder.This will be updated on the 28/08/06 when I send mymoneyclaim in.CORRECT?Maybe these points might be useful to others that also are struggling to understand the site.My main cockup is in my last thread above.any ideas most welcome.Rgards Nigel

where can I find the s69 county court interest statement,I've looked everywhere and where does it apply.Regards Nigel

So are we saying do your calculation of 8% interest "as allowed by s.69 the county courts act (1984)"this staement goes in at the end of the calculations?when filling in the value section of the claim form.Also there is a question asking "Does,or will,your claim include any issues under the human rights act 1998" yes or no what is the correct box to tick.regards Nigel.

Once again, you are asking questions that are answered on the site, in the FAQ section.

What do I need to say that will make you take control? If others answer these relatively straight-forward questions, they will not be doing you a favour.

Yes I know but it can be a little frustrating when the answers are not found in the FAQ's or it doesn't make it clear.But you are right this method gets you to where you want to be...........Eventually.Lets call it a learning curve........If I put you in my "Office".You too might ask what the difference was between an altimeter,MFD,throttle,CAT 3 approach...unless your a pilot.?Thanks for being there joni2bad,you'll get my donation when I win.Regards.Nigel;) ;) ;)

By the way, when I refer to the FAQs, I'm not just talking about the one thread in there (the ACTUAL frequently Asked Questions) but rather the whole section, step-by-step guide / case guidance notes etc etc.

It is a lot to take in, granted, but I assure you that once you do it's like a light being switched on in a very dark room.

I too was completely new to this in March.....