Travelodge - unbelievable rate !!!! - no, it's not £19.95

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need to book a room for Saturday night in either Sunderland or Newcastle (going to see Take That :) ) as I don't fancy driving 2 and a half hours home.

After searching on the internet for almost two weeks and finding everywhere within a 17 mile radius fully booked - today I thought I had my prayers answered - 1 room had become available at the Travelodge in the centre of Sunderland ............. and the price £199.95

I phoned their head office to complain about what I thought was blatant greed only to be met with "we react to market demand, and the hotel is almost full" EH?? it's almost full on Thursday night as well but it only costs £69.95.

I know lots of hotels in the area have put their prices up because of the event, but at least they have a bar and restaurant - this is a Travelodge and they are stooping low - disgusting behaviour :mad2:

It's nice to see though, that although all the B&B's in the area are fully booked, none of them seem to be overcharging or greedy and are genuinely sorry to tell you they have no vacancies.

Fed up :(

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Usually when they advertise rooms from £19 a night they mean when you book a certain time in advance and for more popular areas they tend to charge far more. Its misleading and people are only told the true price when you try to book.

Sounds like a bit of a circus. I guess Everything changes when Take That are in town.

:lol:

Pssst Ell

Ive got a tent you can borrow :!::lol:

lol @ sequenci :lol:

Thanks Tills but I need a bit of comfort these days :)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

my local travel lodge has been doing rooms for £29.99 for the last 12 months

Take That aren't coming to your town then Post :)

Thanks for that Hammy :) taking a look

It's always the same. Strangely, talking of Cardiff, I wanted to book a room there one Saturday for a couple of weeks time but everything is through the roof price-wise. But get this - You could book the Hilton for £105 but it would cost £120 to stay at the Ibis Gate and believe me, the Ibis Gate is a sh*thole.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I'm sorted now, got a room at a nice little B&B 1 mile from the stadium - £50 for two including breakfast - they had a cancellation and I just rang at the right moment this morning :):)

Oh how I idolised over Mark Owen 2 decades ago. Looking at him now, bleugh!!

:|What the hell was wrong with me back then?!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Oh how I idolised over Mark Owen 2 decades ago. Looking at him now, bleugh!!

:|What the hell was wrong with me back then?!

Gary Barlow has always been my favourite :)

I'm sorted now, got a room at a nice little B&B 1 mile from the stadium - £50 for two including breakfast - they had a cancellation and I just rang at the right moment this morning :):)

Could it be magic?

See Ell-enn. You only needed some .... Patience. 8-)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.