RCI want me to relinquish my car and won't accept my payments - advice required!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have 4 months left on the agreement (ends 12th sept 2011) my monthly payments are £260 per month. i paid via the internet £300 on the 12th may and received email to say we have received your payment, as my payment date is 12th of each month. although they sent me a letter as stated in previous thread. after looking through my paperwork my arrears are £420. I will be paying another £400 on the 12th taking £140 of the arrears. all the arrears will be paid off before the agreement ends. what can they do take the car of me.:|

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't take the car unless they get a court order. Send them the letter by recorded delivery today and wait and see what they say.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi all, i received a phone call this morning @9am from RCI nice lady, saying they had received my email (sent yesterday) and would like to talk about the agreement. They have told me they will not be doing anything and i can still make my monthly payments as well as paying of the arrears. I as why a change of heart reply was "we don't want to look bad as you have a ill child" and will not be hearing from us again unless you miss a payment and i can make extra payments if i wish. Will be glad when this agreement ends in Sept. Good luck to those that are still having problems with RCI don't give up. Oh and a big thanks to ell-enn your email did the trick. x

Excellent - make sure you keep that email just in case you need it in the future :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.