PPI on Northern Rock mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow caggers.Can anybody confirm if PPI can be claimed back on a mortgage that covered periods 1998-2004.Had a mortgage with Northern Rock before it collasped which we paid off in 2004.Looking at the various organisations I have had loans + PPi with just realised this will have been the case with NR.I belive it was mis-sold as both my wife and I were working for local authorites who had a 12 month sickness plan plus 6 months half pay but none of this was bought up when applying for the mortgage.Sent a SAR request today so awaiting documents.

yes go get 'em

see the FOS PPI PDF's on their website

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes go get 'em

see the FOS PPI PDF's on their website

dx

Hi DX100uk...thanks for that conformation, made my afternoon ..lolGot Yorkshire Bank to go after next but buggers wont answer the phone so I can find out my old account number..lol

• 7 months later...
Hi just read your thread, did you claim against Northern Rock? If so what was the outcome as I am thinking of doing so too??

Hi there..

It turns out no PPI was on the mortgage but just so you are aware the insurance was/is setup by Cardiff Pinnacle at the following address :

Pinnacle House,

A1 Barnet Way,

Borehamwood,

Hertfordshire,

WD6 2XX

- tel 020 82079000

.Do you have your documentation from them ( SAR request) ?

Apparently NR have set aside £15 million for this so I have heard.

I am going after charges on the account and also the supercover house insurance which cost me £2k over four years thats £500 per year ,

I was told I had to have the insurance as part of the mortgage but was not told I could get it from elsewhere..

and looking back that's a steep amount to be paying.

I would send a copy of any letters to NR and Cardiff Pinnacle ,

when I sent my initial PPI request to NR they sent me Cardiff Pinnacle details.

I would say dont delay and get your request in pronto what with Virgin's takeover !!

Not sure how that will affect certain areas of NR...

Hi there..

It turns out no PPI was on the mortgage but just so you are aware the insurance was/is setup by Cardiff Pinnacle at the following address :

Pinnacle House,

A1 Barnet Way,

Borehamwood,

Hertfordshire,

WD6 2XX

- tel 020 82079000

.Do you have your documentation from them ( SAR request) ?

Apparently NR have set aside £15 million for this so I have heard.

I am going after charges on the account and also the supercover house insurance which cost me £2k over four years thats £500 per year ,

I was told I had to have the insurance as part of the mortgage but was not told I could get it from elsewhere..

and looking back that's a steep amount to be paying.

I would send a copy of any letters to NR and Cardiff Pinnacle ,

when I sent my initial PPI request to NR they sent me Cardiff Pinnacle details.

I would say dont delay and get your request in pronto what with Virgin's takeover !!

Not sure how that will affect certain areas of NR...

who is saying you had no ppi?

did you sar them?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who is saying you had no ppi?

did you sar them?

dx

Hi...I SAR'd NR and then spoke to Cardiff Pinnacle who said no PPI found on this account ..you've got me thinking now because I did not SAR Cardiff just assumed it would be a waste of a tenner so not officially got any docs from the insurance company.I have sent a request to NR to have my home insurance payments refunded but I expect they wil say contact Cardiff Pinnacle who would have underwritten it...

yes demand the money back

pers i'd put in a reclaim SOC & add 8%

i HOPE the insurance had no int added to it?

and they

yes demand the money back

pers i'd put in a reclaim SOC & add 8%

i HOPE the insurance had no int added to it?

More than likely had interest, it's going to be a fight but NR did not give me the option to have my own house insurance they just stated that I had to have their insurance to get the mortgage approved.£500 per year is far too steep but I was young and naive and just wanted a house...

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

I have the same issue £500 per year on 'Cover Me' insurance with NR on a mortgage settled in 2005. Who do you claim against. NR initially?

Yeh go for NR...I recieved two letters, one to say because it was post 2006 they do not hold records therefore do not need to hold documentation and therefore I cant claim for charges pre this date , also the insurance was with Cardiff Pinnacle so any claim is against them....Bullsh!t in both cases and NR cant get rid of me that easy...yeh insurance through another company but who was I paying it to..NR the thick tossers !!Letter sent straight back that action will be taken if they dont address the above issues...waiting for next reply

• 2 weeks later...
Hi just read your thread, did you claim against Northern Rock? If so what was the outcome as I am thinking of doing so too??

Since I posted this thread, I claimed and a fortnight later got an offer which was more than double what I expected, wasnt really expecting anything as I thought theyd say they had no records, so good outcome.

so you did a n SOC?

you need to KNOW what you should be getting.

dx

and they

My husband and I had a mortgage with NR from 1996 til 2008. Very little paper work. Sent a letter to NR (template on this site) including a £10 cheque. Received back my cheque and Offer of Loans document. Tel number on letter as PPI was on the mortgage. They said they would check it out for me and also gave me a tel no for Pinnacle regarding the misold insurance. Both said they would chase it up and send me an email back in 1 week and it would be resolved within 3 to 8 weeks. It is now six days since and wondered if anyone can give me advice when they return the email

Thanks

My husband and I had a mortgage with NR from 1996 til 2008. Very little paper work. Sent a letter to NR (template on this site) including a £10 cheque. Received back my cheque and Offer of Loans document. Tel number on letter as PPI was on the mortgage. They said they would check it out for me and also gave me a tel no for Pinnacle regarding the misold insurance. Both said they would chase it up and send me an email back in 1 week and it would be resolved within 3 to 8 weeks. It is now six days since and wondered if anyone can give me advice when they return the email

Thanks

Hi

Probably best to start your own thread and give us the full story tbh

ims

Thanks

and i hope your username is not your real name either

dx

and they