2 month old TV not working - help

Delanos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HiI bought a samsung 32 inch tv on the 5th March. On Sunday the screen went black and hasnt come back.Went to the store I bought it in, with the receipt and asked for a repalcement.They wont do it. They said I had to have an engineer visit, I told them to ring the engineer department there and then in the showroom,I spoke to the engineer who told me that the PCB board has gone and we need an engineer. I said 'the tv is two months old, I want a replacement or a refund' they told me the store manager only could offer me this replacement. I asked for the store manager, he told me that the policy is to get an engineer around to fix it. He then started quoting some law to me. I asked that if the engineer comes round and i refuse to have it fixed wanting a refund or replacment instead, he told me that I would have to take Comet to the small claims court.Help - I have taken the tv back home and the engineer is coming tomorrow but seriously should a 2 month old tv go wrong.I really dont know anything about my rights- I shouted and stamped my feet but when he said I have to take them to small claims if I refuse to have it fixed I stopped.Do I just have to have it fixed?Help

Hi Del

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

How did you pay?

If you paid by Credit Card or Visa Debit, ring your Credit Card Company, as to do a Chargeback.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards

Also look at SOGA, number 10 in my signature.

HiJust got back from lunch- apologies for the delay.I gave my dad cash and he put it on his credit card- I shall ask him to call them.Would that be my only step forward?Id love Comet to just take it back

Thanks for this, Im going to speak to my dad tonight before the engineer comes round tomorrow.Having never been in this situation before can you tell me....Will the card company direct my dada as to what to do?Do I get to choose a refund then rather than repairs?Do I cancel the engineer?I would love to take the tv back to Comet and show the maneger what for, but I guess that doesn't happen.

Guest Comet Response
HiI bought a samsung 32 inch tv on the 5th March. On Sunday the screen went black and hasnt come back.Went to the store I bought it in, with the receipt and asked for a repalcement.They wont do it. They said I had to have an engineer visit, I told them to ring the engineer department there and then in the showroom,I spoke to the engineer who told me that the PCB board has gone and we need an engineer. I said 'the tv is two months old, I want a replacement or a refund' they told me the store manager only could offer me this replacement. I asked for the store manager, he told me that the policy is to get an engineer around to fix it. He then started quoting some law to me. I asked that if the engineer comes round and i refuse to have it fixed wanting a refund or replacment instead, he told me that I would have to take Comet to the small claims court.Help - I have taken the tv back home and the engineer is coming tomorrow but seriously should a 2 month old tv go wrong.I really dont know anything about my rights- I shouted and stamped my feet but when he said I have to take them to small claims if I refuse to have it fixed I stopped.Do I just have to have it fixed?Help

Hi Delanos

I was sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with your Samsung TV. I can confirm that your TV is covered by a 12 month manufacturers warranty, which protects you if there is a fault. Where possible, we would always offer a repair, however if our engineer deems that the TV is irreparable we would offer an exchange.

Unfortunately, as we have not had an engineer inspect the TV yet and determine what has caused the fault, I am unable to advise any further with regards to your repair. However, if you would like to e-mail in to me using the link below and provide me with you full name and address and also the job number for your repair, I will look into this issue you for you further.

http://comet.custhelp.com/app/ask/

When you e-mail in, please quote the reference 253050 so that your e-mail can be allocated to me.

Thanks

Chris from Comet

HiI thought I would update in case anyone is interested.I have raised a dispute withthe credit card people and they are sending me a form.The engineer came yesterday and told us the PCB board had gone (yes we knew this, we were told over the phone BY Comet) and that he would have to order the part. The part will be in on the 27th...great.I rang Comet on tuesday night and the person told me to ring them after the engineer had been to escalate it. This i did last night and I had faithful promises from Comet that the customer service department (9am-5:30am) would call me first thing at 9am. I rang Comet at 10:20am - they dont have a direct line for the customer service team?!? they then said they would get someone to ring me up before the end of the day. My colleague then gave me this number 01482 320681 from the website 'saynoto.com' and I rang them and the lady told me that they will investigate and come back to me in 3 days. God I hope my dispute form arrives shortly from nationwide- this is beyond a joke.Again i state the TV is just over 2 months old, I just want a replacment or refund!!!Now I am going to ring Chris above and see if he can help!I will keep you informed

Hi Delanos

You want a Replacement or Refund. To have a repair under the current circumstances is totally unaceptable, I'm fairly sure Mr. Harvey would agree with me.

But because Im not totally sure of my rights, I dont know if I can demand that? will the credit card company automatically refund?I just want a working tv- it is right though not to want a tv that is 2 months old fixed? what happens if it goes again after the intial 12months- Im on my own then and have to buy a new one.