Robinson Way \ Harwich Farrelly issue cap1 debt

adenjago
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Been Lurking on here for a while and enjoy the forums and have got the following scenario

I noticed on my Credit history I had an default registered by Robinson Way which I have never been contact about by letter or phone with the below information

Debt -£1,431

Date - 11/10/2004

default - 15/01/2007

So on the 28/04/11 I sent the a Standard CCA Request to Robinson Way, albeit unfortunately I think I dropped a clanger by not sending the request by recorded delivery (i thought read on the forums that you send the CCA reminder rec Del...)

so on 02/05/11 I received a letter from Harwich Farrelly saying :

the Account has been referred to us for collection

Our client advises that you have ignored previous requests for payment and they are now considering court action against you, unless you settle the account in the next 10 days

Which I think is just a fishing\scare letter ???

Now I did send a CCA to Harwich aswell (again without recorded delivery) the next day 03/05/11

(which is when I found out they are both based in the same building)

but Curiously I have looked at the Harwich Farrelly letter and noticed that the letter is conveniently dated 25/04/11 before the Letter I sent to Robinson Way !!

So basically I'm asking ....

Have I got a problem because I did not send the first CCA request by recorded Delivery and then they can deny receiving the first CCA requests

What should my next move be

should Send the CCA Reminder to Robinsway Way and Harrwich Farrelly ?? or is there another letter I should send

Many thanks in advance

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had 12+ 2 days to respond to the CCA request I presume you sent £1.00 postal order with it,

you should now send the account in dispute letter from the templates in the library.

By my calculation they should have replied by 09/05/2011

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I wouldnt have thought you had a problem just because you didnt send the first request via RD.. however, there is no proof that you DID send it ! You should at the very least obtain a free proof of posting slip from the post office if you are unable to afford the more expensive tracked methods.

CCA requests should go to the original creditor, but the OFT do state that the DCA should pass any request on.

You can check with post office on 01246 542091 and see if the first postal order has been cashed ? You will need the receipt you received from the post office when you purchased the postal order.. if you sent by cheque, then you can of course check with your bank :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi guys

thanks for the quick response, yes I did send the pound Cheque to both, and neither have cashed it yet

@BRIGADIER2JCS

could you clarify what goes where please......e.g. Should I send the the Account is dispute to the Harrwich Solicitors and the CCA reminder to Robinson Way (both will be recorded delivery from now on)

I was curious regarding the Time scales as i did not know if it should 12 "working days"

@citizenB

I don't know who the Creditor is, it is not mentioned on my credit file or in these only correspondence, so as you mentioned the DCA should pass them on

Personally I would send a copy of each document to both companies the there can be no doubt that they are made aware of the dispute.

It is 12 +2 days to allow for delivery. A t least get proof of posting for all of these.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

CCA request to Robinson Way.

Account in dispute to Harwich Farrelly

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just another Quickie

with this being a default by Robinson Way on credit file, should I wait for this to become unenforceable, before I start try to get the default removed or should include Default Removal the current correspondence, as from the threads i read it looks like i will have to go through this loop again

or should I just treat them as two separate projects

Two separate IMHO CB will be able to avise I'm sure.

Just another Quickie

with this being a default by Robinson Way on credit file, should I wait for this to become unenforceable, before I start try to get the default removed or should include Default Removal the current correspondence, as from the threads i read it looks like i will have to go through this loop again

or should I just treat them as two separate projects

Erm..... !!

An agreement does not become unenforceable because a creditor/DCA hasnt provided a copy of the CCA. What they are unable to do, if unable to provide proof of a debt, is to take court action/obtain judgment against you. Although some will almost certainly try.

Only a court can declare an agreement unenforceable and then only if there are some major issues with the document, or there are other procedural errors.

BCOBS

as said, farrelly are part of rob way.

afaik, 'court action' can be started where there is 'non compliance' with a cca request. but there may need to be an accurate 'reconstitution' re a cca request in issue before any enforcement in court (see Kotecha case for eg).

removal of a 'default' may be difficult.

is there anything else in your favour? eg non compliant default notice? missold ppi/charges? s127 cca? s140 cca? improper assignment?.....

imo

Edited by Ford
typo

How do define an accurate reconstruction please?

just a note of caution , i have extensive experience with these criminals

they took me to court and i got the case thrown out + compensation but not before they faked/edited and doctored every piece of "evidence" 3 or more times

keep everything they send as if it does go to court they will trip themselves up

i dont even think the "new" Robinson way should be legally trading but is amazing what an accountant can do

just my opinion

It's a valid opinion that perhaps needs looking into>

Thanks for the help guys....and pointing me in the right direction

I wrongly thought that if they can't produce the CCA then that would make the default easier to remove

Just a quick update...I have noticed that £1 cheque has been cashed Robinson way This week & an unrecorded search by them has appeared on my credit file the day after

so I'm hoping to get some kind of response soon

Edited by adenjago

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have no response back from Robinson Way regarding the CCA request, but they have cashed the Cheque on 19th May, So I assume my next step should be sending the standard Account in Dispute Letter

But because they have cashed the cheque aren't suppose to send me my account details or at least some response ??

Edited by adenjago
uploaded attachments in PDF