No to 0870 numbers

Nick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They may be national rate, but the companies are making a premium out of them. I use the discounted 18866 service for my phone calls, cost s 2p not matter how long the call is. 0870 it costs more, same as for mobiles. Why - because the companies are again making money out us when we phone to obtain customer service assistance. :(

That is why they try to prevent you from using any other number - they lose revenue.

18866 have increased their rate to 5p per call.

1899 is still at 3p

• Haha 1

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Even 5p per call is far better than 7p per minute. Of course the other issue on this is how long a call takes. I have certainly found that with A&L bank, if I call the 0870 number the call is very rarely under 5 minutes to get through, usually substantially longer. Ring via the overseas number it is seems to always be answered straight away.

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks