Natwest business account - hardship request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 YEARS OF HARDSHIP - AN ACCOUNT THAT STARTED AT -£50, NOW STANDS AT -£1460

I SENT THIS LETTER TO TRY AND GET THE CHARGES WIPED:

13rth April 2011

Dear Luke Davies,

Further to your attached letter of the 7th April – I would like to contest the threatened recovery action.

I have recently received legal advice in relation to my business account held with you:

As I am sure you are aware, both the standard banking regulations and the Lending Code state you have a duty to treat me fairly and be considerate if I am in financial hardship.

Firstly, to officially inform you, I can confirm I am in financial hardship (according to the criteria set out by the financial ombudsman).

As you can clearly see from my business account, I have been struggling to keep afloat for the last two years. To confirm this statement you can see from the accounts credits, that I was in receipt of tax credits until recently.

Therefore, I would like you to return all charges and fees applied to my business account since January 2009. Once you have done this I will be happy to arrange a payment plan to pay off the remaining balance although this wont be paying very much, as I am on a tight monthly budget with currently only just enough to live on. For your information, I have attached the letter sent to Sue Sprang, who kindly re-credited fee’s of £150 from my personal account, after being informed about my financial hardship.

I have found it very difficult to face the financial problems my businesses decline has caused in the last few years, and although I have tried on a number of occasions to privately explain this to the staff at the branch, (I am severely dyslexic, so reading and writing is very troublesome for me) Natwest continue to add fees, and watch my chances of ever getting financially stable, diminish.

Because of this, I feel very let down by Natwest; especially after discovering what the banking regulations and the lending code state. I do hope this letter can pave the way to a healthier more professional banking relationship between you and I, once all fees and charges have been removed from my business account.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr U