clamped when asleep in a cab of the lorry

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am very sorry if this question has been asked before but the thread has grown so much I was not able to search through it all or maybe I have missed something.

My husband parked in a courtyard without any "private land, no parking" signage- he has taken a photo thankfully.

He was up very early that day and needed a break. He fell asleep in his cab and was woken up by the noise of the clamp being placed on his vehicle. He was visible in his cab- not somewhere at the back or laying across the seats. But no one asked him to move the van or tried to wake him up.

He paid the release fee of £190 but now we are wondering if the clampers followed correct procedures (if such exist) with regards to clamping a car with an occupant clearly inside?

I know we could have a recourse against them as there was no sign on the walls or anywhere about parking restriction, but could our case be stronger because of the fact that my husband was in the car when they clamped him?

I would be grateful for any guidance.:???:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]