DCA - Help, what do i do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the 2nd loan i had with them, (as far as i remember the first had PPI too and was led to believe it was compulsory) this paid off the remainder of the first, cleared my od (which i then cancelled) and my bank issued cc, didnt want to take the loan refinancing as it would not include debt other than their own and i had another cc i needed to clear at the time.

There is no commencement date on it at all but if you read the cover page in 1.pdf they say they do not need to include it or even personal information, how can this be?

Bernardski

Its a reconstructed version, so they can leave them out, but the letter i linked to would make it clear that they would need to have everything included, basically they would need a signed copy of the original to enforce it.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Ok i will get that saved on my computer ready to use.

Do you think i should hold off for the minute though?

This letter was from the OC (although i never contacted them) and was sent 2 days before the DCA sent me a letter (in response to dispute letter i sent) saying the account is on hold until they can provide me with the requested documentation.

Should i wait until i receive contact from the DCA first as apparently they now own this debt and the clocks ticking all the time??!!

Bernardski

yeah you can hold off to see if the DCA knows the sent it, though i expect they will know. See what happens next week.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Thanks Teaboy,

Will hold off and wait for the min but will have that letter ready to go just in case.

Will update again when i hear something back from them.

Thanks for your help.

Bernardski

I don't see any right to cancel, however, paperwork arguments are now pretty hard to argue in light of recent events, and with the likes of debt management companies abusing the whole process..

IMO I would send them the "questionable" letter and wait and see what their next move will be.

Are you currently paying anything towards this? They will either put up or shut up, so if they believe they have all of the correct paperwork to make this stick in court, they will issue you with a summons, which might sound daunting but can be defended.

Have you worked out your own I&E? http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/budget_sheet.php?country=england_wales

At least that will give you an idea of what you can realistically and comfortably afford to pay if the time comes.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Havent made a payment to this since september 05 if the statement of arrears is correct, as you can see from the attachments there is no signature, it says on the so called "Credit Agreement" http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27584&d=1305371098 in the top right hand corner Non-Cancellable.

I received this from the OC 2 days before the DCA wrote to inform me they had received my Dispute letter, saying no collection activities will take place till the documentation has been provided and they will send updates as they have them.

Should i wait till the DCA send me the so called Credit agreement before i respond (as i never actually contacted the OC about it), and would then be the right time to send the Questionable Agreement letter?

Thanks for taking the time BB

sit on it

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a bit of a welcome surprise arrived in the post.

I got a letter from the DCA saying that have been liasing with the OC, and that they can't supply me with a true copy of the credit agreement. This is supposed to be because of the length of time since i opened the account. They have said they are now cosing their file and i will hear nothing further from them regarding the matter........ Unless they can get hold of the agreement in the future!!

Yeh im hoping so, it just made such nice and very welcome reading to be honest.

It makes all the sleepless nights and all the hours i have spent on here doing research seem so much more worth while.

A big thanks to everyone who spent their time offering advice and guidance to me with this.

To those going through similar, please don't despair and most definitly don't give up.

Thanks all, Bernardski

Well done, another one bites the dust! Keep a copy of that letter filed away, just in case some other clown outfit chances their luck.

What, if anything, is on your CRF? Although it will drop off this year.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Keep a copy?? Are you kidding me i was thinking of framing it!!

Hang it in the toilet!

Quick update! If i'm honest i wasn't expecting to hear anymore regarding this but here goes......

I have received yet another letter from the DCA!!

This letter basically (with the odd tactfully omitted / edited word) goes along the lines of......

Dear Bernardski,

We write reference the above account.

Unfortunately, the OC has been unable to supply your requested information.

After reviewing your account we are prepared to take certain view relating to this matter

and as a gesture of goodwill and without an admission of liability, we have decided to close

the account and write off any outstanding balance.

However should the requested information become available in the future we reserve the right

to reinstate the balance and contact you to recover the full balance owing.

Yours sincerely

Mr DCA

So the short more honest version (what they actually mean),

We messed up and cannot prove anything.

Because we want you to think we are so nice and that its not our fault,

we have decided to write this off and close the account but......

Give us half a chance and we'll kick you square in the nuts!

Can anyone shed some light on this, either the debt is written off or it isn't?

Can they honestly tell you it is written off then come chase you again for it?

Where do i stand with this now?

Any help most gratefully appreciated

bernardski

Sounds like a result to me.

I would sit back and relax. If they can't find the docs now (possible there aren't any) any future ones maybe a bit sus!

Keep the letter and forget it.

Before you know it will be SB!

ims

• Confused 1

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks ims,

that is the plan i just wish they would send even 1 letter that is not self conflicting with everything they are saying.

That is the second account closed letter i now have from them.

On the bright side though......

Following a marvelous suggestion from Bazooka Boo i now have 2 pictures for my toilet wall!!

B :whoo::whoo:

The clock is still ticking, they simply don't wish to lose face and have sent you a letter which to all intents and purposes says that their dad can do the proverbial farther than your dad, but don't want to prove it.

File it ignore it, and if they darken your doorstep again, or any other moron for that matter, you simply tell them to go forth.

If they can't produce the docs now, then if something turned up at a later date purporting to be them, I would be extremely sceptical!

Thanks ims,

that is the plan i just wish they would send even 1 letter that is not self conflicting with everything they are saying.

Its those flying pigs again!!!!

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS