GMAC RFC mortgage portability

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I know this is a long shot but I'm wondering if anyone here had a mortgage with GMAC RFC and transfered (ported) it over to another property?

I originally had GMAC mortgage who sold it over to Oakwood Homeloans a few years ago and since then Oakwood sold it it over to Engage Credit. So now my mortgage is with Engage Credit but apparently all terms/conditions from original mortgage holder still apply so I need to try and find out what the exact criteria is that GMAC had back then. All my old paperwork from them just says in point 8. of their Special Conditions

'If in the future you want to move home you may be able to transfer this mortgage product to a new property without incurring any early repayment charge.this option is available subject to your meeting certain criteria and our approval. '

So obviously i want to make sure I fill the criteria they wanted fullfiled and not Engage Credit terms they may now seem fit to impose (as Engages terms wouldn't apply to what was originally agreed with GMAC)....so they can't impose newer terms.

Anyway hope that makes sense??

The mortgage terms/conditions/special terms of GMAC would be up to April 2007 and should all still apply to me now even though changed (not by my choice) another 2 times.

Tx in advance everyone. :smile: