#repossessions : NR Repossession

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been reading the posts re the above. We received an eviction notice last Wednesday from Northern Rock. On the same day we received a hand delivered notice from the courts stating the eviction would take place on 12th May @ 11.35, we also received on the same day a letter from NR solicitors saying the eviction would take place on 5th May @ 11.35.

After many many phone calls to NR they have said that they will use their solicitors date..

To date I have been speaking with them since last Wednesday for a solution to all this. I have today sent them an I & E form (which I got from the site) 3 payslips & 3 bank statements from both myself and my husband and a proposal letter. I have sent these by special delivery and faxed them as well.

The situation hasn't helped as since we received the notice there are two long bank holiday weekends when everybody you need is closed.

This problem is entirely our own fault and has given up a wake up call.

Is there anything else I can do to help our case please.

NR are using 5th May as the eviction date:-(

Hi, have the court confirmed they are using 5th May?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, can you be on line later this evening? You will need to enter an N244 at court to get a hearing to stop the eviction and I can help you with that. The most important part of the form is Q.10 and I can draft a statement for that, but I will need some information:

Is the mortgage in joint names?

Are there any children living in the property?

How many months in arrears are you?

How many years are left on the mortgage?

What was the reason for the arrears occurring?

Did you attend the original possession hearing?

Sorry for all the questions but need to know the info before drafting the statement.

I have affixed a N244 form to this thread and will give you the instructions for completing it later. Do you have a printer at home?

n244_0400.pdf

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, these are the instructions for completing the N244. I am writing a statement for Q.10 of the form and will post shortly.

1. Names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except The Applicant Believes

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant.

Enter your address and contact details.

Do you know if there have been any arrears charges added to your account ?

Affixed is the statement to go with the the N244.You need to fill in the info where there are XXX's in the statement (remove the XXX;s) read through it carefully to make sure everything is OK. When you print it out, your printer needs to be set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all stays on one page.

On the budget sheet write the Claim number on the top left hand corner and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner.

Now assemble as follows:

N244 - signed

Statement - signed

Budget Sheet Appendix 1

This forms the pack to take to court. Make sure it is stapled securely together. You will need to take a photocopy of it all for yourselves so you have a set to refer to in the hearing. When you take it to the court you will need to pay a fee of £35.00 and it will need to be in cash. The court staff should be able to give you a date for the hearing while you are there. Ask the court staff if there will be any free legal advisors on duty on the day of your hearing.

worried-sick N244 statement.doc

Thank you. I will complete all these forms tonight and get them to court first thing in the morning. Then I will be able to confirm the correct date the eviction is to take place.

I will keep you up to date on what is happening.

Any questions, just shout :)

Papers are in at court. Just waiting for phone call with date. Court insists that the eviction date is the 12th NR insist that its the 5th. So will have to see what comes back. The court fee has gone up to £40. I think i'm heading for a nervous breakdown.

The court will have the correct date. Let us know when you have a date for the hearing and we can go through the process. Try to stay positive, I'm sure you will be OK. Judges won't take people's homes away when they have an income and can afford to pay towards the arrears.

Keep posting on the forum, you will get lots of support :)

You'll obviously be feeling very vulnerable at the moment and this situation won't have helped. I know it's difficult, but try and put it out of your mind for a few days - there's nothing you can do now until the hearing and you never know NR may accept your proposal and cancel the eviction once they see your statement (the court will send them a copy today).

Stay positive :)

Ellx

I will, I promise. My hubbys work has rung me they obviously knew something was wrong with them. Their HR are ringing NR solicitors to offer a £1000 to start offsetting the arrears. Its wonderful where help comes from:-)

That's excellent news :) glad to hear your hubby's employers are supportive. I'm an HR manager in my day job and my very first repossession case in 2007 was an employee who was due to be evicted the next day - we got him in front of a judge that morning and supplied a letter to state we would pay his mortgage each month direct from his salary - fortunately it worked :)

Well its nearly Wedenesday. NR told me last week that I should receive a phone call tomorrow(Tuesday) with the decision as to whether they will go ahead or not. I think I have had the worst long weekend ever

It's bound to be a stressful time for you, and very bad of NR to keep you hanging on over the long weekend :( However, if they do tell you they are withdrawing the eviction warrant, you MUST phone the court and check. Also, don't agree to make larger payments than you have already offered in your defence, if they don't agree to your proposal you should still attend the hearing on Wednesday and get the payments sanctioned by the judge.

Let us know what they say tomorrow.

Stay positive

Ell

Well I have had to ring NR as they have not bothered to ring me. We paid them £1650 last Thursday but when I rang they have said that they need £2822.25 to stop the eviction - nobody told us that before so we are £1172.25 short. They said someone woul have rung me today but when is another question. You would have have thought that because of the two long weekends we have just had they would have said something before. I am really scared now that they will word it at the hearing that we have not paid the amount they wanted

You say they have accepted your proposal to pay off the arrears - did they say they would cancel the eviction or is the hearing still going ahead ?