#bailiffs : This takes more than the biscuit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning I received a Reminder Notice dated 19 April advising Non Payment of NNDR and giving 7 days (which is up today) to put it right. Dragging all my paperwork out it transpires they have not even sent me the intial Demand Notice, even better is that this account has always been paid by DD but examining the bank account reveals the DD has been cancelled.

Needless to say spit and feathers comes to mind. One wonders if the timing is deliberate to take advantage of the current spate of Bank Holidays - or am I just getting paranoid.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

no you are not

we've seen about 5 claims from link and others perfectly timed !!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you can be forgiven for being suspicious about anything the council gets up to. Some of your circumstances coincide with those I have noticed which I have brought to the attention of the council and which of course they have always an answer i.e. they can't be responsible for the post. I consistently receive letters – particularly those auto-generated ones – 7 or 8 days after the date which is printed on them. My argument is that postal delays always seem to coincide at around the same time that the council decides to produce –en mass– its reminder, last chance or instalment facility withdrawal notices; the point being that the council can not tailor each one of the thousands of notices to the actual date they are sent out.

Edited by outlawla

I think there will be a great many caught out by this, and as we know only too well, councils and their bailiffs will take advantage.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!