Started my claim

MISSIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent the initial letter to barclays for my bank statements for the last 10 years along with the £10 cheque. Exactly 10 days later I received all the statements along with a note stating that this is a free service and my cheque was attached to it. Sent the letter yesterday requesting charges of £390 plus interest, lets see what happens next.

I then phoned my bank to request the ststements from my other account from Aug 03 when it was opened, and was told that this will only take 3-5 days, however over 5 years take 5-10 days, again i was told this was a free service. I will request my refund when I get the statements.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 14 days would be up on the 14th and no suprise, I received a letter from Barclays today which I believe is the standard letter, saying they are sorry about the level of service and I will have an answer or update no later than the 9th May.

So in two days I will be sending the 2nd letter. I am keeping to my dead-line. I have put two claims into Barclays for two seperate accounts, but the letter received does not tell me which account it is for? So I am taking it for the first letter sent, for the first account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barclays. 30/3 = 1st request for refund letter sent for joint account. £390

Barclays. 4/4 = 1st request for refund letter sent for single account. £175

Abbey Mortgage. 3/4 = DPA for statements for 12 years.

Barclays. 14/4 = 2nd letter for joint account. £390

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks