#Employment : Work Done, But Not Been Paid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I installed a boiler for a man about just over 3 weeks ago and have not been paid. I invoiced him on completion by email and got a reply immediately saying thanks Andy. 2 weeks later I had not received a cheque so I wrote a further email basically saying thankyou for replying to my email regarding the invoice and have you sent payment as I have not received anything in the post. No reply until thursday just gone when he sent me an email which said... We are still dealing with this because we have had some problems with the bank, I will let you know as soon as we get it sorted. My wife said it sounds more like he means we hav'nt got any money. I know he had the money though because 2 weeks before installing the boiler because I wrote a letter for his insurance so he could claim for it to be replaced which he sent. He told me about a week later he had had the cheque and had banked it but to leave installing the boiler unitl the following week so it could clear which he said a week later on the phone it did. After I got his email on thursday about having trouble with the bank I replied saying...

You told me you had received a cheque from your insurance to cover the cost of replacing your boiler before work commenced, so im assuming you have already had the funds to pay for it.

I am not in a position to be outstanding of this money as I have people to pay myself who are now knocking my door. So with this in mind if payment is not received in full by monday 18th April I shall unfortunately have to take further steps to recover this debt.

It is now the 18th and ive heard nothing. So was this the right respnose and does anybody know any further steps I could take and how

Thanks everyone

Andy

Did you agree when payment would be made before the boiler was installed?

Do you have any thing in writing?

If payment has not been made you would probably be best to send them a letter before action requesting payment within 14 days with a copy of your invoice via recorded post.

If you don't receive payment you would need to peruse this through your local county court. You will need to fill in an N1 form and pay the fee which is based on the about your claiming.

This will then be heard by a judge if payment is not made, and a CCJ against them maybe issued. They then get time to pay this if not paid you will need to take enforcement via bailiffs or other means to recover your money.

This is a brief outline of the process.

I hope this is helpful.

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion