#Employment : What the hell do i do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having recently got myself back into work after a long spell off caring for a family member.

It is a fair way away by bus and takes me over an hour to get there and another hour to get back..\the fares are fairly high and i am not financially better off, far from it ,but working helps me with my health problems (osteoarthritis in kness and spine,anxiety ocd and ptsd ..While im worlking i am not thinking and i have company........ I work 24 hours a week and minimum wage/

Have just gone online at the new bus timetables for my area and yes they have oblitirated it.I am down to one bus an hour and a change of two buses to get to and from destinantion...I will just make it in the morning but only just as the connecting buses have minutes only to spare.... Also the fares have gone up to £3.50 a day..

When i leave work i will have an hour to wait for a bus so i will walk to the town where i catch the second connecton i need to get me home........I work a very physical job and eshausted at end of a shift due to the arthritis and all i want is a bus to take me home..

I thought i would get myself a bike and i will try it out of i can get hold of one but it is a VERY busy route,lots of HGV and accident black spot n route...Im late 50s ,arthitic knee joints and anxiety...........

I am really hacked off,..I wanted so much to get outhe benefit trap only to find im in a worse one.... I have asked about in work and no one an help me with a lift///I have my daughter styaying this week so i will get into my shift but after that i will have to hand in notice and have the benefits people sanction me for weeks on end when i have to claim again....So much for helping pepople into work :(

this is a disgraceful story -- and very sad as well. I am sure that there are thousands of people around the country in exactly the same situation.

So much for the Big Society.

I don't expect that there is anything you can do to solve your own situation. However, I am quite sure that your MP would like to hear about it -- especially if he is not a Conservative MP. If I were you I would write to him telling him the story and also asking him for an appointment at his constituency surgery. if you are able to find other people who are similarly affected then that will focus the MPs attention even more.

I am very sorry that this has happened to you. I must say that I have suffered knee pain for several years -- but not for the same reason as you. Amazingly, it only happens when I walk or run. Bicycling is no problem. Maybe it will be the same for you and you will get a lot fitter as well. Not a lot of consolation.

Contact your MP. Also I can imagine that if you were to contact your local newspaper with the story, they would be pleased to run it and it may well attract a lot of other people. Find the telephone number of your local paper and then ask to speak to the newsdesk. They are always interested in these kind of things. If they don't do the story then you could write a letter to the paper instead but the story would be best.

Thankyou for your advise....... I will contact jobcentre with possible help for transport costs and i will definatly be composing a letter to my local MP unfortunatly he is conservative but its polling day shortly and i will vote with my feet albiet tired ones!

I will also write to my local paper and see if they would be interested to run my story.... thankyou again for advise.

As regards the bike and the knees...I tried out my daughter excercise bike and providing its not all uphill i may be ok...Im a nervous sort and fearful of going on the roads.... I used to be such a daredevel...The older i get the more wary i get :) ?? !!

Unfortunalty i was claiming jsa for over 26 weeks and then went to see my son overseas so lost all those weeks..

I rapid reclaimed on my return but of course it started afresh... So i dont qualify for any help at all :(