#bailiffs : Cheeky bailiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had to park up to answer a call today, there was a car in front parked and a car opposite that had been clamped. Two men with clipboards got in the vehicle in front,, and a couple of minutes later the driver got out, came to my vehicle window, and asked if I was from the address they had just left. Gobsmacked I said what was it to do with them, as I was taking a phone call and was nothing to do with the house in question.

I asked are you a bailiff? he said yes and wanted proof of who i was, all the while I was still engaged in my call. I said I have a good mind to take your picture, he still stood there I told him to cease and desist in any attempt to question me.

I pointed the camera phone at him, and he legged it before I could press the shutter, and drove off at high speed, I was still on the phone when he drove past in the opposite direction looking daggers at me.

I concluded the call and was so annoyed I took his number off the clamp notice on the car opposite. I only got part of his registration number, but phoned the number to inquire what company he was with, so i could make a complaint.

He hung up,

What i want an opinion of, is there any action I can take against him such as passing his details to the police as a bogus official report, or has he committed any offence by accosting me without due cause, as if it had been someone of a nervous disposition he had approached they would have been intimidated?:-x:-x:-x:-x

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I would ring Police and let them deal with it, could it be demanding money with menaces???

Don't know, but i have passed his mobile number and description to the police If I see him again by where he was as he will have to go back for his clamp, I will get his car index number and call it in

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

would be nice to see a bailiff get his comeuppance........

The police officer i spoke to said he hated bailiffs as they were a pain and caused problems for police, as there have been a spate of mistaken addresses and wrongful levys He suggested a bogus official call in with the index number of his car, and they would pull him over and spoil his day

Derbyshire Police have same opinion of them too, nothing but trouble

Phoned him this morning and he answered with the Company name, so i will now progress this. I feel he had no right to approach a random person in a vehicle on the phone, just because it is in the vicinity of the property he is visiting. perhaps he wanted to levy my motor as the one he had clamped wasn't worth enough to cover his fees the debt, removal and auction costs.

Phoned him this morning and he answered with the Company name, so i will now progress this. I feel he had no right to approach a random person in a vehicle on the phone, just because it is in the vicinity of the property he is visiting. perhaps he wanted to levy my motor as the one he had clamped wasn't worth enough to cover his fees the debt, removal and auction costs.

This has just raised an issue that I've always wondered about but never seen any threads on the subject. If one of these brain donors levies a vehicle purely to stack up his fees and it's obvious to them it does not belong the debtor, is the owner of the vehicle entitled to bring a prosecution against the bailiff company/council?

This has just raised an issue that I've always wondered about but never seen any threads on the subject. If one of these brain donors levies a vehicle purely to stack up his fees and it's obvious to them it does not belong the debtor, is the owner of the vehicle entitled to bring a prosecution against the bailiff company/council?

I have been researching this but have drawn a blank, if it is an unoccupied car outside or next door to the debtors address I would imagine the bailiff would try to rely on his assumption of ownership, as a defence, even though he hadn't done a check with the DVLA. As for approaching a random person in a motor who just happened to be there, who knows? I would imagine some breach of the Data protection Act if he mentions the name and address of the debtor to the randomer.

I have phoned the bailiff company and they told me to fill in a complaint on the website, I told them i have already passed the bailiffs details to the police. I was told I had no right to do this, as the bailiff had every right to approach me at random as I may have lived at the address. HMCS were of no help either.

Might be worth a punt with an "ambulance chaser" citing "stress and distress"

......I have phoned the bailiff company and they told me to fill in a complaint on the website, I told them i have already passed the bailiffs details to the police. I was told I had no right to do this, as the bailiff had every right to approach me at random as I may have lived at the address. HMCS were of no help either......

I can't believe their generosity, offering you the opportunity to complain to the bailiff company so they can investigate themselves; I'd say you'd get a fair and unbiased outcome from that route. I suppose the toys went out the pram when you told them the Police were informed – living and dying by the sword springs to mind.

I can't believe their generosity, offering you the opportunity to complain to the bailiff company so they can investigate themselves; I'd say you'd get a fair and unbiased outcome from that route. I suppose the toys went out the pram when you told them the Police were informed – living and dying by the sword springs to mind.

They didn't seem best pleased, perhaps I should set a no win no fee merchant on them for stress and mental trauma, it would be all they deserve. As it happens i am disabled so would come into the vulnerable category. I have told my MP as I had spoken to him later at a meeting on another issue. He wants me to email him the details including the name of the company, which I now know as the bailiff answered his mobile and gave their name.

Edited by brassnecked

I've reported a certificated bailiff to the court and trading standards. The complaints stack up if enough made and they will lose their licence.

GameKeeperTo Poacher- read the National Standards for Enforcement Agents "Creditors' Responsibilities".

In fact everyone should read these guidelines find them at http:http://www.dca.gov.uk/enforcement/agents02.htm

FOR WARNED IS FOR ARMED!

I do not normally post unless I have helpful advise to give or need a question answering. SO on this occasion I have decided to put my Oar in after reading up on CAG and the posts that this little girl (or disgruntled Bailiff or troll)posted . I am by no means clued up on everything about bailiffs and often can get it a wee bit wrong and learn and do not jump in with twaddle on a forum which some people may take literally and suffer the consequences from. I had a couple of years ago a very cheeky bailiff trying to get money out of me which I never even owed as my house was up for sale at that time he even went to estate agents to get info pretending the house was empty hard when my partner was listening to heavy rock at the time and a cat inside sitting on the window after a few calls to the extremely rude indevidual and threatening to have his licence revoked for DPA breaches and his lies dissapeared without trace. I found amy or whatever thier name is comments extremely condesending and scaremongering. People come on here for help and advise and if myself did not know about this site I would have not been able to persue and win a case against a certain Payday company Know my rights and where to get professional help. So thank you CAG for your help in my problems and will continue to read and post (where necessary) and little girly or whatever make sure you put yur brain in gear before opening your mouth or type.

Amen to that toofiegap, you have illustrated the point i was attempting to make regarding how they operate.

thread tidied to before the 'issue' started

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Durn it! I miss all the fun ...:sad:

Rae

No fun Rae, just endless disjointed tirades in unpunctuated barely decipherable quasi TXT speak, trying to justify the viewpoint that the bailiff is always right, so you should roll over and pay up whether the fees are justified or not. This affected other threads simultaneously.

Well in view of the "tone" of the tidied threads, I think that bailiffs and other "vested interests" are seriously rattled by the fact that their relative lack of actual power beyond threats and often barely (il)legal intimidation and fees is spreading amongst their victims

Hmmm. The new site - and I assume new rules - seem to go some way in keeping 'bad' bailiffs out. I did like to see 'good' bailiffs posting. By that i mean the very few who understood their job and appreciated their duties to the genuinely vulnerable (I know I'm biased ;) ) as it's always usefull to get the oppositions (genuine) view ...

Rae