Brighthouse fake bailiffs at my door

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This might make you laugh.

So here is me at 8:45pm watching Shrek 3 when there is a knock at the door.

I am met by a rather tall menacing beast of a man who says he is a warrant officer, flashing me his ID

and says he has come to reclaim the cooker and fridge that we leased from brighthouse.

I asked to see the court order (knowing that we have not paid over a third but hey might as well!!)

He replies he does not need one and says that if we don't hand over the goods we will be arrested for theft and he is calling the police.

OK I think, I smell a rat. So in my house I go and call the police and hey!! they dont deal with civil matters and they wont attend.

So I ask him to wait a minute and sit at my computer to write the following letter.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

You have come to my home at unsociable hours in order to collect goods. As you should know the police do not deal with civil matters and continuing this unreasonable behaviour constitutes harassment.

The only implied law for people to turn up at my house uninvited is the postman and someone asking for directions. The Office of Fair Trading stipulates that you must make an appointment to see me and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

Note that I would refer you to Section 1(1) of the Theft Act 1968 (as amended). "A person shall be guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it". I have no intention of permanently depriving Brighthouse of their goods; I am merely suffering financial difficulties at the moment and as soon as I am able shall catch up with the arrears.

Take note that if you do not leave my home at once and stop this unlawful practice, I shall take action against yourselves which could include police attendance and action taken through the courts.

he didn't even wait to give me a chance to serve it on them.

My question is what are my rights if I have paid under a third

and can they just keep turning up like this?

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

SFUK vs Jacamo / JD Williams - WON

SFUK vs Vanquis Bank - Ongoing

please refrain from vailed swearing.......

they have no powers to do anything

they are not bailiffs and if they were you'ed have been in court already and failed to pay the CCJ you have not got....

ignore them

Ps are you sure you've got HP, i think you'll have rent to buy

in otherwords its theirs till you pay the last installment

check you agreement.

is it rent or HP.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

UPDATE--

Last night I was up all night with my daughter who was affraid that big nasty man might come back and get her. This has gone far enough with brighthouse. What are my rights and how do I sue them for the distress they caused my daughter??

:whoo:Debt Paid £9.99 - Unlawful Debt Removed £51.09 - Total Debt Busted £61.08:whoo:

your best weapon is know your rights........

NO DCA/lender etc etc has anymore rights than the milkman at your door.

only a bailff after its gone to court and you've failed to pay a CCJ and demand the goods back.

you need to do some reading.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This might make you laugh.

So here is me at 8:45pm watching Shrek 3 when there is a knock at the door.

I am met by a rather tall menacing beast of a man who says he is a warrant officer, flashing me his ID

and says he has come to reclaim the cooker and fridge that we leased from brighthouse.

I asked to see the court order (knowing that we have not paid over a third but hey might as well!!)

He replies he does not need one and says that if we don't hand over the goods we will be arrested for theft and he is calling the police.

OK I think, I smell a rat. So in my house I go and call the police and hey!! they dont deal with civil matters and they wont attend.

So I ask him to wait a minute and sit at my computer to write the following letter.

he didn't even wait to give me a chance to serve it on them.

My question is what are my rights if I have paid under a third

and can they just keep turning up like this?

Hi

To clarify: Your agreement with BrightHouse is a HIRE PURCHASE agreement regulated by the CCA.

You may find our BrightHouse factsheet useful.

BRIGHTHOUSE FACTSHEET

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

• 4 weeks later...
UPDATE--

Last night I was up all night with my daughter who was affraid that big nasty man might come back and get her. This has gone far enough with brighthouse. What are my rights and how do I sue them for the distress they caused my daughter??

Claim culture... how would the 'money' got from them compensate you for the distress you've apparently suffered?

I'm sure the money would really help her sleep at night. The mind boggles!

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Claim culture... how would the 'money' got from them compensate you for the distress you've apparently suffered?

I'm sure the money would really help her sleep at night. The mind boggles!

Dont see how that your post helps the op, its more a mickey take. :( I notice you are fairly new to cag post wise. Sometimes best to keep stumm. Op was simply trying to make brighouse do things by the book officially it seems, something they would have no fear that would risk them having to compensate anyone. Certified bailiff has proof, simples :lol: and I thought it was against the law to say you were one flash a card akin to american cop drama and say I am such and such when not.

Bit like someone saying they are a solicitor and not, it is not okay and that is where any anger should go.

If a company say something that is false they ask for possible compensation claims xx

Compensation culture also includes some who have been abused and distressed by companies playing on their right to get away with doing so, they need to learn, that it takes time and effort to fight them back, they value their time, so do we.

Yes their are some out of hand examples of compensation culture you read in news and etc..... but no need to nagg a cagger that asking a question is compensation culture, that does not help this thread.

Your last post called someone a bell end and I say if you cant be nice dont post.13/3/2011

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

If anyone has been to your door claiming to be representing any other company or claiming they have rights that they dont have and you know they are a Brighthouse FCAA ( Field Customer Account Advisor ) or a Brighthouse ARM ( Asset Recovery Manager ) you should call the store and ask for the number for the Brighthouse customer care line number and report this, it is illegal under the administration of justice act.

Both of the positions above when attending your property have to show you an ID card that has the Brighthouse logo on the top and state clearly who they are representing and why, please note that Brighthouse does NOT employ any certified Baliffs and therefore have no rights to enter your property or remove any goods without your permission.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I am wondering if you can give me some urgent advice...I had a lodger renting a room from me and he went and got a TV from Brighthouse..He has now left with the TV and the Brighthouse 'bully boy' Bailiff came this morning..I refused to let him in as I was on my own with my disabled son snd he said he would either come back with the Police or come with a locksmith to gain entry to my house, are they allowed to do this?? About an hour later another van turned up with a different man and I just didn't answer the door...I am going to ring Brighthouse to inform them that the lodger no longer lives here in the hope that they'll stop harrassing me..Can you briefly let me know what are the best steps for me to take re: this problem as it's stressing me out, which is what I think they want to do..What legal rights do they have, can they force entry into my home?? Thanks..Tina, Stevenage

mattyprice4004 perhaps you should read the slogan of this forum "reclaim the right." If DCA's/Fake Bailiffs can harrass people on this forum and claim charges back off us they why cant we. If you don't agree with this then you are on the wrong site.

Tina

Thanks for your message. Brighthouse fake bailiffs are just that. Bullyboys designed to try and extract whetever they can off you. They can not force entry into your home for any reason unless they have a court order saying that they can. As your lodger has moved on then the chances of them getting one are nil. Dont worry about the police. Just tell this to get lost and call up brighthouse and give em hell down the phone. If that does not work send them a letter threatening to sue them for harassement. As they have already been to your property twice you certainly have grounds. Also ring the police and get their threats recorded. This all helps if you need to take them to court. I hope this helps

SFUK

Brighthouse have no legal right to force entry to your home with or without the police the next time someone calls from brighthouse claiming to be a bailiff speak to him through the letterbox record the conversation and report him to the police

Lord Lucas asked Her Majesty’s Government:

Whether a person who represents himself to be a certificated bailiff, but is not, and intends by so doing to obtain a payment or goods from a debtor, commits a fraud within the meaning of Sections 1 to 5 of the Fraud Act 2006; and, if so, which sections of the Act apply; and whether it would be right for the police to claim that such an action is a civil and not a criminal matter. [HL2745]

Baroness Scotland of Asthal:

The Fraud Act 2006 created a new general offence of fraud. This can be committed by three means, one of which is false representation. Fraud by false representation is set out in Section 2 of the Act. Where a person dishonestly makes a false representation and intends, by making the representation, to make a gain for himself or another, or cause a loss to another, or expose another to a risk of loss, that person will be committing an offence. A person who dishonestly represents himself to be a certificated bailiff, but is not, is likely to be committing an offence under this section. It will be necessary to show that the person was acting dishonestly in making the false representation, as well as that they intended to make a gain or cause a loss.

The decision on whether to investigate a crime rests solely with the police, who will take into account available resources, national and local policing priorities, the likely eventual outcome and the competing priorities of fraud and other criminal cases already under investigation. Such operational issues are a matter for the chief officer of the force concerned.

• Confused 1

Hi there, I am wondering if you can give me some urgent advice...I had a lodger renting a room from me and he went and got a TV from Brighthouse..He has now left with the TV and the Brighthouse 'bully boy' Bailiff came this morning..I refused to let him in as I was on my own with my disabled son snd he said he would either come back with the Police or come with a locksmith to gain entry to my house, are they allowed to do this?? About an hour later another van turned up with a different man and I just didn't answer the door...I am going to ring Brighthouse to inform them that the lodger no longer lives here in the hope that they'll stop harrassing me..Can you briefly let me know what are the best steps for me to take re: this problem as it's stressing me out, which is what I think they want to do..What legal rights do they have, can they force entry into my home?? Thanks..Tina, Stevenage

thery are not bailiffs and have no legal powers

you need to be reporting this to your local trading standards office NOW!

dont happen to know their name do you?

that is VERY out of order

and will be stamped upon heavily if they can be identified.

they have NO LEGAL RIGHTS TO DO ANYTHING.

only a COURT bailiff can do that AFTER its been to court...

..after a CCJ has failed to be paid..and after a warrant has been issued

film them if they comeback

dx

and they