Duplicate Payments 'Given' To Retailer

BelstarBomb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am really angry today :-x

On Friday, I went to the Post Office to buy some Euros for our holiday - we fly out tomorrow.

I bought £500 worth and the transaction went through and off I went.

This morning I checked my bank account to find that the £500 had debited my account as expected but an additional £500 had been pre-approved and was 'pending'. This amount is/was taken off my balance therefore putting me over my overdraft limit.

I contacted my bank - cahoot - who said that the issue lies with the Post Office in that they have asked either by human or system error for the transactions to take place. Either way, the transaction is due to drop off tomorrow if they don't call for it.

I went back into the Post Office where I purchased the Euros from with a copy of my receipt and the Postmaster is currently looking into it.

My issues are numerous!

1. cahoot said that in theory, one of the transactions should have been declined as my cash withdrawal limit is £500 a day yet could offer no explanation as to why it wasn't other than 'it hasn't technically left your account'. I went blue in the face trying to explain to him that it has left my account as if it hadn't, we wouldn't be having this conversation

2. If I only entered my PIN once, how has the Post Office then had the authority to debit two lots of £500 from my account, when I only gave them permission for one

3. What authority did cahoot have to give the Post Office £500 of my money pending or otherwise.

4. This is apparently a common occurrence surely this should NOT be able to happen but the frustrating thing is that I have to wait for it to drop off, do not have access to £500 of my own money through absolutely no fault of my own.

Any suggestions?

Bel