Ltd Co a/c with HSBC. Can I do SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi there

My thoughts are that a Limited Company is a legal "person" in its own right and therefore qualifies as a subject.

I would have thought that the directors can do a sar in the name of the company, duly authorised by the officers of the company to get all the information the bank has on that company.

I stand to be corrected of course

ims

This is part of the letter I got from HSBC when I sent my SAR, hope it helps :-

Furthermore, in case you are not aware, the 1998 Data Protection Act only refers to individuals, not incorporated companies so anything specific for XXXXX Ltd will not, unless it makes reference to Mr XXXXX, Mr X XXXXX, or XXX (christian name), (subject to your confirmation) be supplied as a response to your letter.

Therefore, if you have any specific questions that you feel our response will not cover, then please contact me accordingly.

This is part of the letter I got from HSBC when I sent my SAR, hope it helps :-

Furthermore, in case you are not aware, the 1998 Data Protection Act only refers to individuals, not incorporated companies so anything specific for XXXXX Ltd will not, unless it makes reference to Mr XXXXX, Mr X XXXXX, or XXX (christian name), (subject to your confirmation) be supplied as a response to your letter.

Therefore, if you have any specific questions that you feel our response will not cover, then please contact me accordingly.

Thank you XENTRIX...another bit of info for my file.

Makes you wonder if there is legislation elsewhere that provides for an incorporated body to get all details from a financial institution. Where to look though is another question.

Thanks again

ims