Forfeited Shares

echowitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick question. I was given 747 shares as "free" shares by the company I've recently left. They were given to me end of last year. I left the company at the start of last month, and received notification today that I have 15 shares for being with the company for 0-3 years, which I get to keep. (They are worth about £10 but it will cost me £20 to cash them in.)

The "free" shares given to every employee they have taken back. Obviously this is about £500 Im missing out on here. Is there anyway to argue this and demand that the shares NOT be forfeited ? I certainly don't recall any clauses stating I would forfeit the shares for leaving the company.

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

HI Echo,

Can you confirm in what way you were given the shares. Eg did you get a share certificate, or a letter confirming entitlement, etc.

I certainly don't recall any clauses stating I would forfeit the shares for leaving the company.
Have you checked through your employment contract to see if this is anything about shares when you leave.

Is this a PLC or a smaller Ltd Co, perhaps family owned or run.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I received an email about the entitlement, and its a large Ltd company. No idea about the employment contract as I don't have a copy and I've been trying to get one from the company.

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

• 5 months later...

You must need the employment contract in order to proceed any further but the company can't refuse to issue you with one and from there you could take further actions in order to get your proper money back. I beleive ther won't be any hassle and you are certainly entitle to rise an issue. Let us know what happened.