Coming of JSA and help

mark_o1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4797 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently claiming JSA and have been for only 4 weeks (not even had my 1st pay yet) and I have been offered a job that is to start in June. Now the problem is, the job would mean me relocating down to London and I live up north. I used all my savings that I had (wasn't much) before claiming JSA as I really didn't want to claim this, but with the current job situation in the UK it, it was more difficult that I had anticipated!

Now my problem is this, I don't have the money to relocate, i.e pay for deposits and letting agent fees. I spoke to my local job centre, who basically laughed and said they are not a charity at the end of the day, and because I have not been claiming for 26 weeks, I am not entitled to any help anyway, which seems a little wrong to be penalized for finding a job quickly instead of dragging it out for 26 weeks (not saying that is what people are doing, but i'm sure you all know what I mean!) Is anybody able to shed any light on this for me, if I am not able to get any help, then I am going to have to give up the job, the employer dose not offer relocation packages because of the sheer number of people that work for them.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi mark_o1983

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Moved to the Benefits Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

you may be able to get help with a deposit through the Deposit Guarantee Scheme - however this is not available in all areas

not sure whether you would qualify for assistance through Social Fund

otherwise, would employer be willing to offer an advance?

only other options i can think of is borrowing money from bank/credit union/etc, asking family/friends for help or selling belongings to raise the moneys

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Hi guys, im still after some advice with this! The company im working for will not offer help with relocation no. i have had no help what so ever from my job centre, they just keep giving me numbers to call who then give mother numbers to call and so on. Getting very frustrated with this!!!

Crisis Loan may help.

One of the tickets that Cameron announced was simplifying the relocation of the unemployed to help them take up work elsewhere in the country. I don't have time to research this for you right now and I doubt you want to wait, so google it yourself - for now - and if you can find enough ammo write him a letter. Hell, if you're having that hard a time then who better to help than a PM who promised to?

I'll see what I can dig up asap.