A new comet complaint

Inmyeyes7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just new to to site and i stumbled upon it when searching for a answer to a little problem that i have .

Nearly 5 years ago we went out and got a new cooker from comet and we got told we had to put it on a comet card for a 60 months plan @ 8 odd a month we did plan to pay it off after a few weeks but as we just brought our house we had other things to buy and we thought well it's only 8 quid a month it will not kill us and we just let it go .

Anytime we got a statment in we always just disgarded it so fast forward 5 years the cooker was £330 quid instead of going down it was going up even though we have never missed a payment and there was ppi that has been put on without us knowing and comet have said that they did not put it on .

And there was an other charge put on the account that comet do not know about its called a Sal fin int charge ???

So basicly the cooker was £ 330 and now nearly after 5 years of not missing a payment my bill is sitting at £ 443 when i am in a 60 months plan .

My wife has phoned comet and even visted one of the stores and they have said they are something not right with the account so she has now wrote a letter to head office asking for a break down of her account and if she is not happy with it she will take to citizens advice .

Please has anyone had any dealing like this and your thoughts would be appreciated many thanks .

Hi and welcome to CAG

I think you will need to get all the documentation you can for this. It may be achieved by sending a SAR to their head office

Comet Group Plc,

Criterion House,

George Street,

Hull, HU 1 3AU

In section 2 HERE there are some te,plate letters. These are generally for debt but with a little tweaking, you could adapt them for your use

If, as you say, you didn't ask for the PPI, you should reclaim that-with interest. That may just wipe the balance

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE