Problems with Zinc Collections and Vanquis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have a credit card with Vanquis and cost doubled the amount of my approved credit due to credit card charges. Written to Wescott in August who were chasing asking for a statement of all charges made to my account. I said on the letter that I would review and make an offer for repayment. I also issued them with a Section 40 notice. In response to this my account got transferred to Zinc collections. They are calling every day at my work demanding to speak to my manager claiming a serious legal matter.

I issued Zinc with another Section 40 request but calls haven't stoped. They call demanding to speak to my manager and shiuting at colleagues saying they are hiding me and things like that. No response as to why my charges are so excessive either.

Any advise would be really appreciated.

Hi james

Welcome to CA

Send them the telephone harassment letter . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter amend it to suit

Report them to the CSA and I'm sure someone will have the complaints links for the OFT and OFCOM

More info/advice will follow I'm sure so sit tight and wait for the cavalry

Regards

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Lol sorry just did a quick search on these lot and this was number 1 in google search result - http://www.zinccollections.com/

Heres the Email address for the owner of Zinc Group which Zinc Collections is part of Douglas James McManus dmcmanus@thezincgroup.com a strong no holes barred letter of complaint to him about the harasment with threat of legal action for the harassment will soon see the calls stopped. Tell him what information you want regarding the account and if it is not sent you will report the company to OFT, Financial Ombudsman, ICO and trading standards alon with the reserving the right to take legal action without futher notice.

Additional Info:

After checking on the Credit License Public Register - Neither Zinc Group or Complete Credit Consultancy Limited (Zinc Collections is their trading name that Complete Credit Consultancy Ltd trade under). Neither Company has a credit license when checking their company number on the credit license public register. So they are acting without a credit license so must be reported the OFT and trading standards straight away.

Name & Registered Office:

COMPLETE CREDIT CONSULTANCY LIMITED

UNIT 52 CYGNET COURT TIMOTHYS BRIDGE ROAD

STRATFORD ENTERPRISE PARK

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

WARWICKSHIRE

CV37 9NW

Company No. 06450797

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 11/12/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6522 - Other credit granting

Accounting Reference Date: 31/05

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2010 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 29/02/2012

Last Return Made Up To: 11/12/2010

Next Return Due: 08/01/2012

Last Members List: 11/12/2010

Previous Names:No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name & Registered Office:

ZINC GROUP LIMITED

UNIT 52 CYGNET COURT TIMOTHYS BRIDGE ROAD

STRATFORD ENTERPRISE PARK

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

WARWICKSHIRE

CV37 9NW

Company No. 06771789

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifStatus: Active

Date of Incorporation: 12/12/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6522 - Other credit granting

Accounting Reference Date: 31/05

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2010 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 29/02/2012

Last Return Made Up To: 12/12/2010

Next Return Due: 09/01/2012

Last Members List: 12/12/2010

Previous Names:No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

P.s. I have sent douglas an email myself, asking him to explain the lack of credit license and his companies actions regarding calling you at work. Though i have not mentioned any details about you, your cag username or details of this thread. So you should still make a formal complaint to him yourself using the above email address.

Edited by teaboy2
Addition Info added

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Revenant and teaboy thank you so much for your quick response, I am currently drafting a letter to send to the owner, do you think I should involve Vanquis in this in any way? As the creditor and as Zinc is acting on behalf of them don't they have a responsibility for their actions as well?

Yes they do, so fire off a separate letter to vanquis containing the same outline as to the details of your complaint. Are you certain the Zinc are acting on vanquis behalf though, as it maybe that zinc has bought the debt? If so then Zinc Groups owner/director his ultimately liable for the actions of is company and sub companies

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

In their letter they send to me it reads: "We have been instructed in our capacity as professional credit managers, to contact you in relation to the above outstanding debt"

They then go on to offer me either a lower one off payment or monthly repayments and they say contact our negoatiators etc.

Do they refer to Vanquis as their cleint or Original creditor and do they say they are acting on behalf of vanquis/cleint? Does sound as though they are acting on vanquis behalf though.

Either way if they have no credit license they have no right to act on the account and are doing so unlawfully. Once they send me the credit licenses i requested from them, ill find out if they are valid licenses or not then we can go from their. But for now just send your email of complaint to them and letter of complaint to vanquis for now. though a subject access request to vanquis would tell us whether vanquis have indeed sold the debt.

I send a complain letter to the owner on the information you have given me and got an automatic reply back saying he will be outside of the office until the 11th of March. Is the 15th today so he must have forgotten to take his automatic reply off but is clear I think that this is an active email address that he uses. Let's see if he responds. Or if it stops the calls.

They are calling every day at my work demanding to speak to my manager claiming a serious legal matter.

I issued Zinc with another Section 40 request but calls haven't stoped. They call demanding to speak to my manager and shiuting at colleagues saying they are hiding me and things like that. No response as to why my charges are so excessive either.

Good point about CPUTR Tingy, it seems to be the weapon of choice in dealing with DCA's.

The behaviour above is truly abhorrent!! you must threaten them with immediate action if it does not stop.

This is a £100 company with £2 issued shares! £1 for James Aitken and £1 for Douglas James McManus, and these **** are demanding money from you?

If I was on the receiving end of this, I would go to the Companies House website, type in Zinc Group Ltd, click on "order information on this company" pay £1 fee to download info on each director. You will then have their home address, see how they like to be called at all hours, or even worse! how about a good old doorstep visit at 11PM! Give these scumbags a taste of their own medicine!

Have a credit card with Vanquis and cost doubled the amount of my approved credit due to credit card charges. Written to Wescott in August who were chasing asking for a statement of all charges made to my account. I said on the letter that I would review and make an offer for repayment. I also issued them with a Section 40 notice. In response to this my account got transferred to Zinc collections. They are calling every day at my work demanding to speak to my manager claiming a serious legal matter.

I would suggest this is serious CRIMINAL harassment. If you can work with your manager and colleagues – don’t be embarrassed by it, please – I would strongly recommend you get some short statements together and take this to your local police station. There is NO legal matter pending – that is a lie. This is a threat and a severe form of harassment. If you can get audio recordings of the calls, do so.

Westcot remain liable for the actions of their collection agent.

Get stuck in to the f*****s.

They are calling every day at my work demanding to speak to my manager claiming a serious legal matter.

Good point about CPUTR Tingy, it seems to be the weapon of choice in dealing with DCA's.

The behaviour above is truly abhorrent!! you must threaten them with immediate action if it does not stop.

This is a £100 company with £2 issued shares! £1 for James Aitken and £1 for Douglas James McManus, and these **** are demanding money from you?

If I was on the receiving end of this, I would go to the Companies House website, type in Zinc Group Ltd, click on "order information on this company" pay £1 fee to download info on each director. You will then have their home address, see how they like to be called at all hours, or even worse! how about a good old doorstep visit at 11PM! Give these scumbags a taste of their own medicine!

Please, don’t do this! It would be illegal!

Thanks I think there is an issue however on whether they even have a licence. Having google the company and its owner I came across quite a few interesting things so I am now worrying that my letter won't do anything. I don't think they care. Ultimate credit (or something like that) went into administration then one of its directors created the zinc group and directed customers from Ultimate Credit to pay their debts to Zen Group. OFT then imposed a £45,000 penalty. It also looks like the same person attempted to run a legal firm at some point threatening people to take them to court. He was operating using a dormant company with no licence to act as solicitors.

I don't believe for a minute that a complaint letter will stop these people but I will give it a try.

you may be right there, BUT, if they're instructed by Vanquis, then Vanquis are vicariously liable for their actions and behaviour and I don't think Vanquis would ignore it being pointed out they're committing a criminal offence and could lose their license and go out of business.

Well one thing for sure, we are on to them now - They know we are now on to them so lets rack the preassure up on them by reporting them to oft etc and the police for the harassment. Though i cannot wait for the response to the email sent by me and the ones sent by James2011.

Well one thing for sure, we are on to them now - They know we are now on to them so lets rack the preassure up on them by reporting them to oft etc and the police for the harassment. Though i cannot wait for the response to the email sent by me and the ones sent by James2011.

Received an email this morning from the owner of the company. He says a lot, he is very apologetic and says that he devastated about my email and that in his 30 years of experience in the industry never had to deal with a complaint of similar nature.

He gave me their credit license and he is also said that he is travelling to Glasgow to personally interview the employee involved (the same person's name was quoted in every message that was left to me at work).

He is also asking me to give him an indication as to what I would consider a satisfied resolution to this matter. Not sure what he means by that to be honest. Haven't replied to him yet.

A nice lump of compensation and a letter of apology to you and your manager seems appropriate!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Received an email this morning from the owner of the company. He says a lot, he is very apologetic and says that he devastated about my email and that in his 30 years of experience in the industry never had to deal with a complaint of similar nature.

He gave me their credit license and he is also said that he is travelling to Glasgow to personally interview the employee involved (the same person's name was quoted in every message that was left to me at work).

He is also asking me to give him an indication as to what I would consider a satisfied resolution to this matter. Not sure what he means by that to be honest. Haven't replied to him yet.

Just be careful! remember you are dealing with a bunch of lying lowlifes here! I assume the owner of the company being either McManus or Aitken. As the Brigadier says, if this is serious at the very least a written apology to both you and your employer. I'm sure others will advise.

Ask for the compo and apology if they don't comply threaten them with court action, use the

word I WILL TAKE COURT ACTION for

The harassment and distress, give them

a reasonable figure you require (£1500.) in my exoerience is a good starting point)

If no response send letter before action then take action.

This one of the worst cases of work place harassment I have seen.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would suggest compensation for the deteriment and harassment you have suffered along with written letter of apology to you, your employer and work colleagues that have been abused down the phone, and that they close the account balance at zero (if they own the account they maywell do, though not likely) and remove notes/records made to your credit file, or at the very least return the account to the original creditor forthwith. Then you can send Vanquis a CCA request and SAR, see what charges they have charged to the account and interest, and reclaim them. We will also then beable to take vanquis on, e.g if cca is unenforceable or the Default Notice is invalid etc - Did you receive one by any chance?

Did you check the credit license were valid? If not can you post them up and i can check for you.

So far, no response to the email i sent him asking why he was operating without one, as according to public register neither zinc group or zinc collections have one. Though i must admit you got pretty quick reply their, though i doubt he is heading all the way from Stratford-Upon-Avon up to Glasgow to bollock the employee in question in person lol.

P.s. And yes as Brigadier says say you reserve the right to take legal action without further notice, so if they refuse the above, send the notice before action and file a claim against them at court.

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number: 0624362

Licence Status: Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name

Complete Credit Consultancy Limited

Company Registration Number: 6450797

Categories:

Debt collecting

Provision of credit information services, excluding credit repair

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:

No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Zinc Collections

Zinc Commercial Recoveries

Zinc Credit Management

Zinc Recoveries

Issued Date:

31-Mar-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due:

30-Mar-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Sharon Wiggins

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 25, Broadmeadow Lane, STRATFORD-UPON-AVON, Warwickshire, CV37 9FD, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business 25, Broadmeadow Lane, STRATFORD-UPON-AVON, Warwickshire, CV37 9FD, United Kingdom

Registered Office 29, Wood Street, Startford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6JG, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Registered Office 29, Wood Street, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6JG, England

Strange, when i searched using the company registration number last night, it came up as no results found. Anyway, doesnt change the fact of their actions being unlawful and criminal.