HELP NEEDED ?out of time

rg1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I recd bank statements a few months ago - before I could advance with the claim I injured my back and ended up in hospital. This moring I got a letter form shabby abbey stating they are closing my account and want immediate payment of my overdraft - presently £797, (a great deal of this is charges!) Am now totally thrown.Daily energy is limited and everything is taking three times longer to do - what is the order of priority I now have to follow???:confused:

Hi, I recd bank statements a few months ago - before I could advance with the claim I injured my back and ended up in hospital. This moring I got a letter form shabby abbey stating they are closing my account and want immediate payment of my overdraft - presently £797, (a great deal of this is charges!) Am now totally thrown.Daily energy is limited and everything is taking three times longer to do - what is the order of priority I now have to follow???:confused:

ok dont panic, inform the bank that you consider the account to be in dispute regarding the unlawful charges. read the FAQ on this there are threads regarding banks trying to close accounts.

• Confused 1

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Have you opened a parchute account because this is probably your highest priority right now. Next thing is as advised by 'livelylad' is to tell them this matter is in dispute and that their action is unlikely to impress a judge if it ever gets to court. Finally, try to get the recovery process started so that you are endorsing the dispute arguement.

Yes thank you - the support really helps, and I've opened another account as recommended when I started the process. I guess its the intimidating letters! Threats of debt collectors etc., and 'Do not ignore this letter' - makes me want to hide in a corner! until its all over

Thats the whole idea. I think they do this to really scare you off and put you into that corner. I take the front of how dare they send me a letter like that, they don't know us or our situation and if they didn't charge so much over the top fines we would be ok.

Good Luck

• Confused 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.